Re: Evolutionaries 2003 User Forum Soundset

  • Ronald
    Message 1 of 31 , Sep 1, 2003
      --- In DSI_Evolver@yahoogroups.com, "ski_ex5tech" <ex5tech@e...>
      wrote:

      > Phew! Finally done, and I'm whipped.

      WOW!!!!
      And what i fine job jou did!
      I'm at work now and not able to check them out but the package looks
      very promising. Next time i will contribute too if possible.
      Many thnx, i can't wait to listen to them!

      Grtz, Ronald.
    • simon leclerc
      Message 31 of 31 , Sep 19, 2003
        Re: [Evolver] Re: Evolutionaries 2003 User Forum Soundset Thanks Ski !
        I bought the first synth more than 2 years ago ( Waldorf XT),
        and althought i have created really interesting patches (for me at least)
        i still don't know exactly what i'm doing all the time. I pretty
        much always get what i'm looking for, but often i work double shift
        just to get there :)
        I think it's time now to learn more technical stuff to find
        my way around faster and smarter.

        And thanks for the KB mag info,

        Simon

        on 19/09/03 10:25 AM, ski_ex5tech at ex5tech@... wrote:

        Hey, great!  Glad the little SysEx utility for Mac OS9 worked out
        OK.  I don't have a Mac anymore, so that's very good to know.  Glad
        you're enjoying the sounds, too.

        Regarding "learning a lot faster"... The people here in the Evolver
        Yahoo group and at EX5Tech will help you a lot.  I'd also recommend
        reading some resources on the basics of analog subtractive
        synthesis.  This will give you the foundation you need for working
        with just about any synthesizer.  In particular, I'd recommend
        digging up the back issues of Keyboard magazine that contained a
        series of columns by Peter Gorges (of Wizoo) called "SoundForum".
        Peter wrote an excellent series on the basics of subtractive
        synthesis, plus, there was a FREE little "SoundForum" softsynth from
        Peter, Native Instruments, and Keyboard.  The "SoundForum" soft synth
        is based on Reaktor technology, is very easy to use, sounds great,
        and even has an onscreen oscilloscope so that you can see your
        waveforms!  You can contact Keyboard mag for the back issues.  If you
        can't find the "SoundForum" soft synth, let me know, and I'll tell
        you how to find it at www.ampfea.org.

        Also with regards to dissecting existing Evolver patches... I have a
        utility coming soon that will open Evolver SysEx patch files and
        display all the information for a patch on a single well organized
        screen.  I've been super busy at work, but I'm going to get Mr. Rock
        and Noision1 (and maybe one or two others) to test it soon.  I'll
        post a screen shot in the EX5Tech Evolver forum as soon as I get a
        chance, too.

        Thanks.

        Ski
        www.ex5tech.com