Reminder: YOUTH BLOC MEETING TO STOP THE WAR, 12/3

  • liberationlover@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2002
      EMERGENCY NY YOUTH BLOC MEETING TO STOP THE WAR

      Next Tuesday, December 3, 4:30

      At the CUNY Grad Center (try to bring a photo ID)
      365 Fifth Avenue, between 34th and 35th Streets
      Meeting downstairs, in the concourse, rooms C201/C202
      (B/D/F/V to 34th St, N/R/Q/W to 28th, or 6 to 33rd)

      Youth Bloc is the New York City-wide coalition of high school students and youth for peace, justice and empowerment. The Bloc mobilized thousands of young people last spring for successful actions to stop the budget cuts to our schools, and co-sponsored last week's Not In Our Name anti-war walkout.

      WAR COULD BE JUST WEEKS AWAY. Join young people from around the city to plan how to build the youth movement to stop it, how to stop the military recruiters' invasion of our schools, and how to put the money for bombs back where it belongs. We're in touch with resisters around the country, including student networks, unions, and people like Pvt Wilfredo Torres--a young soldier who's the first to go AWOL against this war. It's time to take our resistance to the next level.

      (Note: The event may be listed at the security desk as the Hunter High School Youth Bloc meeting, just because we had to tell them it's for a CUNY school to get the space free. So if they interrogate you, just say you're going to that.)

      Send ideas or proposals you want on the agenda to the facilitators, Sanju at banglabhai@... or Margrit at calico4@...