Fwd: [rwg] Org sign-on: Ban Racial Profiling

  • Fahd Ahmed
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2013
      Greetings Dear Allies,

      Please sign on to this letter by our allies at the Rights Working Group calling for a racial profiling ban in immigration reform:
      http://rightsworkinggroup.org/content/sign-support-a-ban-racial-profiling-immigration-reform-bill

      We expect to see an immigration bill in the next couple of weeks, and now is the time to put pressure for inclusion of a strong racial profiling ban in the legislative proposals.

      في أمان الله
      Fahd Ahmed
      Legal and Policy Director
      DRUM- Desis Rising Up & Moving
      72-18 Roosevelt Avenue
      Jackson Heights, NY 11372
      Tel (718) 205-3036 / Fax (718) 205-3037
      www.drumnyc.org / fahd@...

       *Please circulate widely*

      Please consider signing your organization on to this letter calling for a prohibition of racial profiling in immigration reform legislation.

      Read the letter and sign on here by Wednesday, April 3.

      Racial profiling by law enforcement plagues many of our communities, impacting citizens and immigrants alike, causing broken trust between communities and the police. Now, with immigration reform on the table, we are asking that Congress ensure that Immigration Reform legislation includes an enforceable ban on racial profiling that applies to all law enforcement agencies.

      Read more in our new 1-pager: Ban Racial Profiling in Immigration Reform.

      Thank you for all you do to end to racial profiling!

      Rights Working Group Staff