Re: [DRUMnewz] Is there any room for south asia antiwar coalition

  • Reecha Upadhyay
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1 7:13 AM

      I second this.  I also think that all people in diaspora should unite to send a strong and comprehensive anti-war statement.  The situation IS very critical.  The Bush administration has asked all Americans in India to leave the area. This means that the possibility for the situation to escalate is very real.

      I urge DRUMnation to make a statement on June 6th at the Not In Our Name event, to come out and stand against the war in South Asia and to let the Bush administration know that we will not be distracted in our efforts to create a strong and presistent anti-war movement.

      Peace,

      Reecha-NION

        NMGONDAL@... wrote:

      Situation is very critical. I urge all those who are against the war, no matter what ever is the nationalistic feeling, to look into teaming up in an antiwar movement. I am sending out this feeler to see if there is any support of this idea on the list. I think if it is possible, it will be a big achievement if different organizations of Pakistani and Indian descent issue a joint antiwar statement.
      Please respond if you have any opinion on it.

      Nasir Gondal

      Do You Yahoo!?

    • Chaumtoli Huq
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3 11:17 PM
        I wholeheartedly agree with you that we must unite to
        build a broad-based anti-war movement. Towards that
        end, as you know, NY Taxi Workers' Alliance has called
        for an anti-war/anti-detention rally on Sunday, June
        9th on Coney Island Avenue in Brooklyn. I hope
        everyone will attend and stand in solidarity.

        In struggle,
        Chaumtoli

        http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com