8/18 SAT: Palestine vigil resumes

  • Todd Eaton
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2007
      The weekly Union Sq. vigil is taking three Saturdays off. No vigil
      Aug. 4 or Aug. 11.
      From Palestine Action at Union Square East (PAUSE)...

      PLEASE NOTE: Our next vigil will be Saturday, August 18,
      2007. Please join us then.

      You are invited, begged, beseeched to come out and stand with us
      Saturdays from 3:00 to 6:00 PM. We repeat, our next vigil will be
      Saturday, August 18, 2007. Come for ten minutes or come for an hour,
      but please COME!

      After Saturday, August 18, we will stand every Saturday at 14th
      Street and Broadway, NE corner across from Virgin
      Records. Celebrating more than five years, we are the longest
      ongoing Palestinian demonstration in the United States. We have
      "FREE PALESTINE" banners, posters, and leaflets.

      We need the support of the community beginning Saturday, August
      18. WE NEED YOU! We need more people who support Palestine because
      there is a counter demonstration, which is encroaching on our
      permitted space.

      We suggest that you stand in silence and do not engage the
      counter-demonstrators. Please feel free to speak with all the
      interesting people who are standing in the vigil! We have a permit.

      Our email address is <pausenyc @ yahoo.com>