195418/22 Community Speakout: Immigrants in Solidarity and Demanding Justice for Mike Brown and for ALL Stolen Lives

  • Fahd Ahmed
    Aug 21 8:45 AM
    Greetings all,

    In response to the call for solidarity actions from groups on the ground in St. Louis, and along with several other immigrant rights organizations and activists, DRUM's youth members are organizing a community speakout in Jackson Heights to express solidarity to and demand justice for Mike Brown, Ferguson/MO, and all victims of police violence.

    I've attached a flyer. I hope you can help publicize, and that you can join us.

    Immigrants in Solidarity and Demanding Justice for Mike Brown and for ALL Stolen Lives

    Immigrants Communities in Support of:
    - Justice for Mike Brown
    - An end to police killings everywhere
    - A stop to the militarization of police departments

    ​

    As immigrant communities, we know that we stand upon the shoulders of Black communities and their struggles in this country. And at a moment when the Black communities of Ferguson are under siege, we stand in solidarity for Black liberation, and to proclaim that Black lives matter.

    Jackson Heights Diversity Plaza

    Friday, August 22nd, 2014

    7PM-8PM

    :::