19539DRUM Open Mic: Defending Dreams, Not Dreams Deferred - FRIDAY, AUG. 22nd @ 5PM

  • Fahd Ahmed
    Aug 20, 2014
    Inline image 1

    Join Us for DRUM's 14th Annual

    Summer Organizing Institute Graduation + Open Mic:

    FRIDAY, August 22nd @ 5-7pm

    at DRUM- 72-18 Roosevelt Avenue, Jackson Heights, NY 11372

    The movements for justice for Eric Garner, Mike Brown, and countless other victims of police violence has energized new generations of racial justice organizers, sparked courageous protests, sit ins, speak outs, and demands from Ferguson to NYC to Los Angeles. At the same time, the immigrant rights movements demand Administrative Relief for ALL to protect undocumented immigrants from detentions and deportations, and to able to organize alongside Black and indigenous communities and workers.  AsSouth Asian immigrant communities in NYC, DRUM has organized our communities with communities of color for justice and accountability from law enforcement and protection for all immigrants. Youth have been a key part of this movement. Come hear their stories, their demands, and their organizing work. Linked arm in arm as youth, workers, women, communities of color- we all stand together towards justice and equality.
    Please RSVP here

    The YouthPower! Open Mic will be followed by an action in solidarity with all families and communities of Mike Brown, Shantel Davis, Eric Garner, and all lives lost to police violence. Friday, August 22nd, 7:00-7:30pm at the Jackson Heights Diversity Plaza.
    To RSVP please contact Roksana/Rishi at 718-205-3036 or email rishi@...