19412TONIGHT: Community Event on Stop-and-Frisk Lawsuits, Monday 6:30pm
- Jan 27, 2014TONIGHT!Please join us for this important event on moving forward with the Stop-and-Frisk reforms arising out of the Federal class action lawsuits.
Significant parts of the conversation will focus on the parts of the court ordered remedial process that include a role/involvement for directly affected communities.Hope to see you there.
في أمان اللهFahd AhmedLegal and Policy Director
Community Event on the Stop-and-Frisk Lawsuits and Lasting Reforms
Monday, January 27th, 2014
6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University
55 Fifth Avenue, Room 204
Are you interested in learning the next steps in the lawsuits against Stop-and-Frisk?
Do you want to learn how the community can get involved with Stop-and-Frisk Reforms?
Please join Public Advocate Letitia James for a critical community event on the path towards meaningful and lasting stop-and-frisk reforms, in the wake of recent developments in stop-and-frisk class action lawsuits. (Floyd v. the City of New York, Ligon v. City of New York, and Davis v. City of New York.)
This event will serve as an opportunity to envision a way forward for the Joint Remedial Process ordered by the federal court in Floyd that will bring long overdue lasting and meaningful reforms to the stop and frisk practices of the New York Police Department
Panelists will include experts from across the U.S. and leaders in the police accountability movement here in New York to discuss the importance of this critical opportunity.
- New York City Public Advocate Letitia James,
- U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division Representative (invited),
- Professor Sam Walker, Professor Emeritus, University of Nebraska at Omaha,
- Iris Roley with the Black United Front of Cincinnati,
- Professor Michelle Adams, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, and Professor Ekow Yankah
- Leaders in the New York City Police Accountability Movement
In addition, attorneys from the class action stop-and-frisk lawsuits will join the question and answer session to discuss the status of the lawsuits.