19402Where Should the Birds Fly: Mon. 1/20 RSVP

  • Todd Eaton
    Jan 8, 2014
      Fida Qishta`s `Where Should The Birds Fly`
      on January 20 at 2:00pm at the United Nations
      RSVP REQUIRED to gazafilm@... .

      January 18 marks the fifth anniversary of Israel�s Operation Cast Lead attack on Gaza which is documented in the film.

      The screening will be followed by a conversation with Ms. Qishta and journalist Leila El-Haddad, the author of Gaza Mom: Palestine, Politics, Parenting and Everything In Between and co-author of The Gaza Kitchen: a Palestinian Culinary Journey.

      Please RSVP to gazafilm@... . We must provide the UN with the names of those who will be attending the screening and discussion. When you RSVP we will respond with the room information and the information you will need to gain access to the UN building.

      We look forward to sharing this remarkable film with you.

      Sincerely,
      Felice Gelman
      Brian Drolet
      Barbara Grill
      (Executive Producers)

      WHERE SHOULD THE BIRDS FLY is the first film about Gaza made by Palestinians living the reality of Israel�s siege and blockade of this tiny enclave. It is the story of two young women, survivors of Israel�s Operation Cast Lead. Mona Samouni, now 12 years old and the filmmaker, Fida Qishta, now 27, represent the spirit and future of Palestinians. The film is a visual documentation of the Goldstone Report. But it is so much more. It reveals the strength and hope, the humanity and humor t hat flourishes among the people of Gaza. Few films document so powerfully and personally the impact of modern warfare and sanctions on a civilian population.

      FIDA QISHTA is a Palestinian filmmaker/videographer who was born in Rafah, Gaza. She began her video work as a wedding photographer in the Gaza Strip, and then began accompanying human rights observers in Gaza, documenting their work. Her reporting, photography, and video journalism has appeared in the UK Guardian, the Observer, and the International Herald Tribune. Fida is also a qualified teacher and, in 2004, co-founded with her sister Faten, The Lifemakers Center, an after school and tutoring program which serves several hundred children in Rafah.

                                          ::::

      Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 23:04:33 -0500  From: mishmoshkeleh Subject: [NYCqaia] JAN 20: Where Should the Birds Fly at The United Nations -  PLEASE RSVP
      < http://groups.google.com/group/noprideinoccupation/subscribe>,
       < mailto:noprideinoccupation+subscribe@...>

      []

      []

      Dear Friends,

      We invite you to attend a screening hosted by the United Nations of Fida Qishta�s powerful film Where Should The Birds Fly on January 20, 2014 at 2pm.

[...]

      Deep Dish TV
      339 Lafayette St
      New York, NY 10012
      (212) 473-8933
      deepdishtv.org
      deepdish@...

      Deep Dish TV | 339 Lafayette Street | New York, NY 10013
       Deep Dish TV
      339 Lafayette St., 3rd Fl.
      New York, NY 10012
      deepdishtv.org
      212-473-8933

           =   =   =
           =   =   =
           =   =   =

      Please e-mail any NYC left event announcements to thousands at:

               nyprotest@...

      No subscription needed.  Where possible, please no file attachments.  Send using TO: (not BCC:).  Announcements of any in-person events that are primarily about struggle for progressive or revolutionary social change will be approved for distribution promptly.

      Read more event announcements at:

      Please.  We urgently need some sort of sustainable, collectively run system for communicating event announcements between NYC left factions and groups with at least a bit of thoroughness.  Help figure out how to do that.

      ***TO UNSUBSCRIBE from NYPROTEST listserv***
      click & send any msg to:
      or visit: