Re: OT: Name that kitty ...

  • Roger Miller
    Message 1 of 20 , May 26, 2006
      Lyn,

      Cute kitty. I have a soft spot in my heart for brown tabby's. We
      lost Stormy (a brown tabby) this year after 16 years. I don't have a
      name suggestion, but the feeling of 'catlessness' is bothering both
      Pat and I, so we understand the feeling. How about just initials?
      NLC might work (non linear cat).

      Regards,

      Roger Miller
      Minneapolis

      --- In DPSedits@yahoogroups.com, "Lyn Norstad" <lnainc@...> wrote:

      > In August of '04, we lost our cat (Pepper) 4 days short of his 21st
      > birthday. He was a great friend, and had been with us all that
      time. Now,
      > after a couple years of 'catlessness' we've just acquired a new
      little guy.
      > He's 3 months old, and I'm enclosing a link to a photo montage (pics
      taken
      > last evening). He's patiently awaiting a name, so any and all
      suggestions
      > are welcome.
      >
      > http://lnainc.com/kitty/Kitty.jpg
      >
      > Have a great weekend!
      >
      > Regards,
      > Lyn Norstad

    • mythprod2004
      Message 2 of 20 , May 26, 2006
        Hey, Lyn. I used to have a cat that looked just like that. :-)

        Forwarded your pic in the office, this is what I got:

        - Stripe
        - Tigger
        - Sunshine
        - Emerald
        - Buster
        - Greystoke

        - MythProd
        (John David Hutton)

        Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how:
        http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

        _______________________________________
        Supermicro X5DA8, Dual Xeon 3.0 GHz
        Windows XP Pro, SP1
        VelocityQ, Version 9.1.40, Quattrus 140
        VelocityX, Version 1.0.01
        Kansas City, Kansas - United States
        _______________________________________

        --- In DPSedits@yahoogroups.com, "Lyn Norstad" <lnainc@...> wrote:

        > In August of '04, we lost our cat (Pepper) 4 days short of his
        21st
        > birthday. He was a great friend, and had been with us all that
        time. Now,
        > after a couple years of 'catlessness' we've just acquired a new
        little guy.
        > He's 3 months old, and I'm enclosing a link to a photo montage
        (pics taken
        > last evening). He's patiently awaiting a name, so any and all
        suggestions
        > are welcome.
        >
        > http://lnainc.com/kitty/Kitty.jpg
        >
        > Have a great weekend!
        >
        > Regards,
        > Lyn Norstad

      • Richard Peoples
        Message 3 of 20 , May 26, 2006
          Kitteo (Like Video), Killah (I always liked tuff cats), Snoop-Catty Cat(the
          Rap Cat), Gizmo (Like all the Video Gear you sell)

          We have 2 cats now, Chiquita, and Mokie
          Chiquita (18yrs)was a stray cat in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and was brought
          back to us by a Delta Pilot Friend visiting there.
          Like we don't have enough stray cats in the US. She had to be put in
          quarantine for a month before she could be brought into the States. Mokie
          (age unkown, we have had her about 3years)is a Smoky Black Persian that just
          showed up on our door step. She had been around the neighborhood a month or
          so per the neighbors.
          Lynn, looks like you have a fine fellow there, I'm sure you will enjoy each
          others company for years to come.
          Regards,
          Richard Peoples
        • dooger watts
          Message 4 of 20 , May 26, 2006
            First thought, when I saw your tabby, was: Hansome. "Han-Zome." For
            he surely is a handsome boy.

            In fact, he's the first candidate I'd consider worthy to court our Ziti:

            http://www.efn.org/~mikemcoo/ziti.html

            (Only a quick splash of her; too much of Ziti can take your breath away).

            Congrats, on your gorgeous boy,

            Lyn Norstad wrote:
            > In August of '04, we lost our cat (Pepper) 4 days short of his 21st
            > birthday. He was a great friend, and had been with us all that time. Now,
            > after a couple years of 'catlessness' we've just acquired a new little guy.
            > He's 3 months old, and I'm enclosing a link to a photo montage (pics taken
            > last evening). He's patiently awaiting a name, so any and all suggestions
            > are welcome.
            >
            > http://lnainc.com/kitty/Kitty.jpg
            >
            > Have a great weekend!
            >
            > Regards,
            > Lyn Norstad
          • Chris Moberg
            Message 5 of 20 , May 26, 2006
              Is Ziti a generic long hair, or is there some Maine Coon cat in her??

              Chris
            • dooger watts
              Message 6 of 20 , May 26, 2006
                You obviously know your cats, Chris.

                She's not a bred cat--but yes, there's definitely Maine Coon, and
                Somali. In fact, when I look up pictures of Somalies, some of them look
                exactly like her.

                Take a deep breath, 'cause here's another Ziti pose:

                http://www.efn.org/~mikemcoo/ziti1.html

                Chris Moberg wrote:
                > Is Ziti a generic long hair, or is there some Maine Coon cat in her??
                >
                > Chris
              • Chuck Kelsey
                Message 7 of 20 , May 26, 2006
                  What??? No one is going to suggest "Velocity?"

                  Chuck Kelsey
                  Access Channel 5
                  Mayville, NY

                  > Kitteo (Like Video), Killah (I always liked tuff cats), Snoop-Catty
                  > Cat(the
                  > Rap Cat), Gizmo (Like all the Video Gear you sell)
                  >
                  > We have 2 cats now, Chiquita, and Mokie
                  > Chiquita (18yrs)was a stray cat in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and was brought
                  > back to us by a Delta Pilot Friend visiting there.
                  > Like we don't have enough stray cats in the US. She had to be put in
                  > quarantine for a month before she could be brought into the States. Mokie
                  > (age unkown, we have had her about 3years)is a Smoky Black Persian that
                  > just
                  > showed up on our door step. She had been around the neighborhood a month
                  > or
                  > so per the neighbors.
                  > Lynn, looks like you have a fine fellow there, I'm sure you will enjoy
                  > each
                  > others company for years to come.
                  > Regards,
                  > Richard Peoples

                • Chris Cummings
                  Message 8 of 20 , May 26, 2006
                    How about Harris?? Gotta good ring to it.

                    > Kitteo (Like Video), Killah (I always liked tuff cats), Snoop-Catty
                    > Cat(the
                    > Rap Cat), Gizmo (Like all the Video Gear you sell)
                    >
                    > We have 2 cats now, Chiquita, and Mokie
                    > Chiquita (18yrs)was a stray cat in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and was brought
                    > back to us by a Delta Pilot Friend visiting there.
                    > Like we don't have enough stray cats in the US. She had to be put in
                    > quarantine for a month before she could be brought into the States. Mokie
                    > (age unkown, we have had her about 3years)is a Smoky Black Persian that
                    > just
                    > showed up on our door step. She had been around the neighborhood a month
                    > or
                    > so per the neighbors.
                    > Lynn, looks like you have a fine fellow there, I'm sure you will enjoy
                    > each
                    > others company for years to come.
                    > Regards,
                    > Richard Peoples

                    ---CUT THIS WHEN REPLYING---
                    To modify your info, view archives, upload files, etc., go to:
                    http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/DPSedits

                    Post Messages To:
                    DPSedits@yahoogroups.com

                    Contact List Owner:
                    DPSedits-owner@yahoogroups.com
                    Yahoo! Groups Links
                  • Lyn Norstad
                    Message 9 of 20 , May 26, 2006
                      Thanks for the great suggestions! I'm going to present them all to my wife,
                      and we'll probably come up with something this (long) weekend.

                      Maybe I'll try them all on 'da Cat' and see which one HE likes :)

                      Regards,
                      Lyn Norstad
                    • Richard Peoples
                      Message 10 of 20 , May 26, 2006
                        What? and have to change its name in 6 months.
                        Lyn plans on keeping the kitty for a long time :)

                        Richard

                        Message 11 of 20 , May 26, 2006
                          Harrisleitchdigitalprocessingsystemsstarmedia ... whew!

                          Message 12 of 20 , May 26, 2006
                            Come on HARRIS.......here kitty kitty kitty......good HARRIS. I like it.

                            What? and have to change its name in 6 months.
                            Lyn plans on keeping the kitty for a long time :)

                            Richard

                          • Jon K. Carroll
                            Message 13 of 20 , May 26, 2006
                              cute kitty...

                              seems to like the 'gear up' posture...

                              Message 14 of 20 , May 30, 2006
                                "Jon K. Carroll" <draven@...> wrote: cute kitty...

[...]

                                Am Hannington from Ugoana
                                I love u

                              • vong zendik
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jun 2, 2006
                                  HI Lyn-
                                  have u found a name yet?

                                  HOw about Treasure? =Þ
                                  VongZendik
                                • Lyn Norstad
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jun 2, 2006
                                    Yep ... finally a name!

                                    Loki - the Norse god of mischief ...

                                    http://www.lnainc.com/kitty/MeetLoki.jpg

                                    Thanks for all the suggestions. This one actually came from both my son and
                                    my wife.

                                    Regards,
                                    Lyn Norstad

                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jun 2, 2006
                                      Excuse me for the thread hijack :-)

                                      Lyn posted this on the cow earlier:
                                      ========================

                                      Finally a name!

                                      Loki - the Norse god of mischief ...

                                      http://www.lnainc.com/kitty/MeetLoki.jpg

                                      ===============================
                                      Andy Edwards

                                        Very good! A name worthy of a suitor for our Ziti!

                                        Lyn Norstad wrote:
                                        > Yep ... finally a name!
                                        >
                                        > Loki - the Norse god of mischief ...
                                        >
                                        > http://www.lnainc.com/kitty/MeetLoki.jpg
                                        >
                                        > Thanks for all the suggestions. This one actually came from both my son and
                                        > my wife.
                                        >
                                        > Regards,
                                        > Lyn Norstad
                                      • Andy Edwards
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Jun 2, 2006
                                          Sorry about that Lyn, thought you were busy unraveling the string for your
                                          cat :-)

                                          Andy Edwards