Re: shooting methadone

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 3, 2003
      --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "timpointbreak"
      <timpointbreak@y...> wrote:
      > I have a few friends that insist on shooting their done. The pink
      > liquid and i keep telling them its really bad for them to do it but
      > have no information to back it up could someone fill me in on the
      > donts of shooting the done thanks

      Dolophinea_Cafe,

      Sounds to me like someone has a true friend. It's nice to see when a
      single individual ia a good enough friend to go that extra mile for a
      friend that they care about.

      I looked up some things that may give you some information to show
      the proof that indeed, what they are doing, is hurting them more than
      they know. What they are doing can very easily kill them and it only
      takes one time.

      Check the following link:

      http://www.methadoneaddiction.net/m-overdose.htm

      There are also other links that you can go to from there. There is
      one particular link listed on the side under DRUG EFFECTS. This site
      will probably give you more information.

      Good luck and again, your friends are lucky to have you. I hope this
      will give you the information you need to get thru to them so they
      will stop playing Russian Roulette.

      Best Wishes,
      SHARPSHOOTER7007
    • James
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 4, 2003
        I take 6x10mg's of meth a month and the other day
        while getting my refill they fucked up ...instead of
        my 180 monthly pills they gave me 285!!!
        Has anything like this ever happened to one of you and
        if so what did you do
        (PLEASE ONLY THE TRUTH AND NO MORAL AGENDA'S AT THIS
        TIME IN MY LIFE)
        THANK YOU FRIENDLYFARMER2001

        http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
      • steph11219@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 4, 2003
          What does the prescription label say? Does it say that they gave you 285
          or does it say 180 ?
          If the label says 285, I would be careful, as there might be a paper trail
          straight to you.

          Take care,
          Stephanie
          NY NAMA
          Brooklyn, N.Y
          steph11219@...
          http://www.methadone.org
          Together We Can Make a Difference

          In a message dated 11/4/03 11:19:41 PM, friendlyfarmer2001@... writes:

          << I take 6x10mg's of meth a month and the other day
          while getting my refill they fucked up ...instead of
          my 180 monthly pills they gave me 285!!!
          Has anything like this ever happened to one of you and
          if so what did you do
          (PLEASE ONLY THE TRUTH AND NO MORAL AGENDA'S AT THIS
          TIME IN MY LIFE)
          THANK YOU FRIENDLYFARMER2001
        • Samier
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 5, 2003
            that is a godd question...I get 120mg. Methadone per day..its in 12ml.
            liquid....I have to go once per week to my doctor...2 times it happened that
            I got 8 small bottles instead of 7...I didn`d said anything to my doc and
            kept the 2 bottles....but I was thinking about what doc would do when he
            will aske me 1 day about the 2 bottles.....
            Greetings from Germany.....Samier

            _______________________________________
            ...Peace and love...
            ICQ#: 164345965
            http://www.facelink.com/samier30
            http://www.mygeldbar.de/?ref=samier

            I take 6x10mg's of meth a month and the other day
            while getting my refill they fucked up ...instead of
            my 180 monthly pills they gave me 285!!!
            Has anything like this ever happened to one of you and
            if so what did you do
            (PLEASE ONLY THE TRUTH AND NO MORAL AGENDA'S AT THIS
            TIME IN MY LIFE)
            THANK YOU FRIENDLYFARMER2001
            --- sharpshooter7007 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
            > --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com,
            > "timpointbreak"
            > <timpointbreak@y...> wrote:
            > > I have a few friends that insist on shooting their
            > done. The pink
            > > liquid and i keep telling them its really bad for
            > them to do it but
            > > have no information to back it up could someone
            > fill me in on the
            > > donts of shooting the done thanks
            >
            > Dolophinea_Cafe,
            >
            > Sounds to me like someone has a true friend. It's
            > nice to see when a
            > single individual ia a good enough friend to go that
            > extra mile for a
            > friend that they care about.
            >
            > I looked up some things that may give you some
            > information to show
            > the proof that indeed, what they are doing, is
            > hurting them more than
            > they know. What they are doing can very easily kill
            > them and it only
            > takes one time.
            >
            > Check the following link:
            >
            > http://www.methadoneaddiction.net/m-overdose.htm
            >
            > There are also other links that you can go to from
            > there. There is
            > one particular link listed on the side under DRUG
            > EFFECTS. This site
            > will probably give you more information.
            >
            > Good luck and again, your friends are lucky to have
            > you. I hope this
            > will give you the information you need to get thru
            > to them so they
            > will stop playing Russian Roulette.
            >
            > Best Wishes,
            > SHARPSHOOTER7007

            http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050615
            41:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o885gmo/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autoredir?
            camp=556&lineid=3614674&prop=egroupweb&pos=HM>

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupmai
            l/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=690877618>

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          • Mark4wdw@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 5, 2003
              Truthfully, It happened to me in that I was getting 60 and it looked like
              160. I kept them and took them over time. The pharmacy wont take them back. So if
              you have enough restraint not to take a boat load at once. Hang on to them
              and do what you have been and take your proper dose. IF you don't think you can.
              Give them to someone you trust wont take them and get then in the proper dose
              when you need them. Just look at it a back up if anything ever happens with
              you doctor appointment. As a matter of fact just change you appointment and go
              when they run out then you wont be tempted to take too many because you know
              you have just enough to make it to the next appointment.

              Travis
              [Unable to display image]

            • Mark4wdw@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 5, 2003
                I also read the comment about the "paper trail to you." I don't understand
                that comment. The pharmacy misread it and filled it wrong. Where is the wrong
                doing by you? It's not like you changed the prescription pad. You are in no way
                in any kind of trouble. Plus if this was filled at a regular pharmacy and it
                was not on insurance it goes no farther than their computer. I know several
                pharmacy techs. If it was on insurance still what the big deal you did nothing
                wrong even if it says 180 on the bottle and 285 are in it. They will never
                figure out where the missing ones went. IF the bottle says 285 (which I bet it does
                since it is double checked) nothing done wrong, the pharmacy read it wrong.

              • James
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 9, 2003
                  As I may have said they gave me a diff number then the
                  180 that is on the outside label...trust me I'am still
                  in shock!
                  Only paper trail would be from me opening my big mouth
                  here!

                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 9, 2003
                    Yes Mark you also see what I'am saying!
                    You hit the nail plainly on the head.Cash,tech,
                    mistake and that is all there is to it.
                    This was not the first time they have made a mistake
                    only the first time it was made in my favor.
                    Oh the bottle reads as all my past bottles have read
                    and that is ...180 pills 3x10mg twice a day!(a 30
                    day supply)
                    Early Christmas present perhaps?
                    Jim ho ho ho