[METHADONIA ] Re: New member

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 27, 2003
      HEY KEITH~ THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST IN HELPING THE CAUSE OF
      GETTING MISSISSIPPI ON TRACK. I DO HAVE SOMETHING YOU CAN DO IF YOU
      WANT TO. THERE IS A NEW WOMAN THAT IS IN CHARGE OF THE METHADONE
      SITUATION IN MISSISSIPPI(she is the SMA, "State Methadone Authority")
      HER NAME IS JESSIE WRIGHT, AND HER PHONE NUMBER IS 601-359-6247. SHE
      IS LOCATED IN JACKSON,MS AND SHE WORKS UNDER MR. HERBERT LOVING,WHO
      PREVIOUSLY HELD THE SAME POSITION.I SPOKE WITH HER THE OTHER DAY AND
      CAME AWAY WITH THE IMPRESSION SHE IS VERY UNKNOWLEDGEABLE(that might
      be a huge understatement)ABOUT METHADONE MAINTENANCE. YOU CAN CALL
      HER AND EXPLAIN THAT IT IS A BIG PROBLEM FOR YOU AND EVERYONE YOU
      KNOW WHO HAS TO DRIVE OUT OF STATE TO GET YOUR METHADONE. TELL HER
      HOW METHADONE HAS HELPED YOU. BY THE WAY, ANYONE WHO CARES TO CAN
      CALL AND DO THE SAME THING. TELL HER HOW MUCH A CLINIC IS NEEDED IN
      THIS AREA. YOU CAN POST THE RESULTS OF YOUR CALL HERE OR EITHER WRITE
      ME DIRECT AT "GULF COAST NAMA @ AOL.COM" GOOD LUCK! THANKS AGAIN FOR
      YOUR PARTICIPATION HERE AND WITH OUR CAUSE! CHAIO~ OW -
      -- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "kdlake420" <kdlake420@y...>
      wrote:
> [...]
      > last 3 years. Currently I am still working my way up. I wish they
      > would let you start at more than 30mg! Fortunatly I had just got a
      > prescription from local doctor in Mississippi (beleive it or not
      but
      > I got from a general practice on at that). AnywaysI have been a
      > member of this group for awhile but I have not been very active.
      > After starting at this clinic, however, I see the many, many
      postive
      > effects of having state provisions for MMT. I have wrote a letter
      > to state direct of mental health and drug abuse. I also plan on
      > sending to my state representatives. I am very serious on finding
      > what I can do to help get MMT in Mississippi. I am going do some
      > research find out some things. I wonder too about starting a
      > petition.
      >
      > Keith
      > --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, odubya <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      > > --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, gms2218@a... wrote:
      > > > Hello and welcome, unfortunately you have ventured into what I
      > like
      > > to call
      > > > the "Hope and Wish area" of Methadone Maintenance, meaning I
      > hope
      > > things will
      > > > change and I wish things were this way. But there are believe
      it
      > or
      > > not
      > > > governing bodies that even clinics must adhere to why don't you
      > try
      > > to contact NAMA
      > > > at <A HREF="www.nama.com">www.nama.com</A> maybe they can be of
      > > some help.
      > > >

      > > > Hey Everyone-- I hope everybody's tryin' to enjoy the change
      in
      > > the weather..This bein' cool feels great! (I'm in the deep south
      > so
      > > the heat is abundant!) I would like to respond to the above
      > message.
      > > You don't always have to hope and wish.. When I started at my
      > clinic
      > > 8 years ago, the dose cap was 100, and it was the same in the
      > entire
      > > state.(Alabama) 100 mgs. didn't hardly offer me any relief, and I
      > was
      > > determined to get well. So I dug into the internet and looked up
      > and
      > > learned everything I could on methadone maintenance, especially
      > about
      > > dosing over 100 mgs. Then I steady bugged the doctor to death
      with
      > > all this information until his reasons for not going over 100
      were
      > > gone..I developed quite a relationship with him during this
      > > time..Eventually the clinic went to 200mgs. So it doubled. It
      > wasn't
      > > easy, I damn near died before it happened, but by the grace of
      God