Re: New member

  • steph11219@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2003
      Hello Lorena,
      Welcome to the group. What state are you from?
      Unfortunately, we have patients that are extremely frustrated with their
      clinics. While the "accreditation teams" are surveying our clinics, change is
      coming at a snails pace. With these "bad" clinics, patients need to find out
      when their clinic is scheduled to be surveyed.....they can then make an
      appointment to speak to them and let them know what is going on. If we as patients
      don't start standing up for ourselves, everything will stay "as is".
      Once again...welcome! Let us know how your clinic is.

      Take care,
      Stephanie
      NY NAMA
      Brooklyn, N.Y
      steph11219@...
      http://www.methadone.org
      Together We Can Make a Difference
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Newyorksmmtps

      In a message dated 10/7/03 2:40:12 PM, lorena11110@... writes:

      << Hello, I'm new to this board and I'm really looking forward to

      communicating with others who are also on methadone. Actually, It

      was out of my frustration with my clinic (Aegis) that led me to find

      this site. This particular clinic has really overstepped their

      boundaries and I'm in search of finding all the knowledge I

      can as to my rights, their guidelines and finally, but mostly, where

      to turn for remedies. Any insight would be most appreciated.

    • Barbegill46@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2003
        Hi Lorena,
        Welcome to the group! I'm pretty new to the group too, so i'm
        kinda clueless, about our rights and guidelines etc.. Even though i have learned
        some things from this group, and they are really nice here too. You won't
        regret joining, either., Sorry to hear that your clinic, isn't on the up & up.
        There is some problems with our's too. But not enough for me to complain about
        right now. Sorry that i couldn't help, if you need to talk, i'm here.
        Barb

      • steph11219@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 8, 2003
          Hello Mark,

          It wasn't me that was upset with my clinic....though I did reply to an e-mail
          where someone was upset with their clinic. :o)

          Take care,
          Stephanie
          NY NAMA
          Brooklyn, N.Y
          steph11219@...
          http://www.methadone.org
          Together We Can Make a Difference

          In a message dated 10/7/03 7:26:11 PM, Mark4wdw@... writes:

          << Stephanie,

          What exactally is going on at your clinic that has you upset? Let us know and
          perhaps we can share stories of the same things that have gone on at ours and
          how some of the poblems were resolved.