eyes

  • Jim or James orJim
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 7, 2003
      Hi I joined the group recently to learn more about the methadone my
      doctor has prescriped to me and I have a question I hope one of you
      can help me with. Since I started taking meth my eyes appear dull and
      look strange. Without even looking at them I can feel they have
      changed,it looks like I'm fucked up and I'm not. I switched from
      oxycontin to meth because it was to easy to abuse oxy's and of course
      the price of them is so high. While on oxycontin my eyes never looked
      strange our felt differnt. Does anyone else have this problem or has
      anyone even heard of such a thing? Thanks,Jim.
    • gertrude gandala
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 7, 2003
        Jim or James orJim <friendlyfarmer2001@...> wrote:
        xxxxx

        My name is Celestialpenguin919@... and in answer to your question, when I was on dope (heroin) my eyes were always pinned. Have you ever heard that song "Pale Blue Eyes" by the Velvet Underground? It's about being on heroin, or probably in your case, with the oxys, opiates. You may have been to fucked up to notice (or not) depends on how many you were taking I guess, and what millligram.

        Ever since I've been on methadone, my pupils have remained pretty much dilated like a normal persons. I don't know if they look dull. I've heard that if you take a high enough dose of methadone, it totally takes away your personality, (kinda like castrating a dog, I guess)

        I tend to disagree, but that's probably because I'm at my right dose and I am s....l....o...w.....l...y de toxing off of it and I mean slowly. I am following my shrink's advice plus, it's pretty hard shit to get off of. Hell, supposedly Hitler was the first pretty big advocate of methadone (imean look at the pills, they are called

        a-dolphine, right? But, it's helping me to get my shit together so I can't complain. I don't think my eyes look dull, in fact I know that I seem more wired and awake unless I take too many benzos with my methadone, then I may look a bit dazed, but methadone alone keeps my eyes more awake than nodding off on heroin all the time, although somethimes you do nod on methadone.

        If it's bothering you, get off it, and quick. I suggest checking yourself into a detox if you have insurance or try to find some free state funding. The longer you are on methadone, the harder it will be to get off, and maybe your medical or ssi or whatever can pay for it. Good luck. Contact me again, if you like.

        celestialpenguin919@...

      • James Creeden
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 8, 2003
          Well thanks for the reply Gerdrude but pin eyes are
          not what I mean. I'am very familiar with those , this
          side effect makes my eyes appear dull and .....well
          look strange!While on oxy's they were fine on meth
          they have changed. Can anyone out there help me with
          this? Jim.--- gertrude gandala
          <celestialpenguin919@...> wrote:

          > Jim or James orJim <friendlyfarmer2001@...>
          > wrote:
          > xxxxx
          >

          > My name is Celestialpenguin919@... and in
          > answer to your question, when I was on dope (heroin)
          > my eyes were always pinned. Have you ever heard
          > that song "Pale Blue Eyes" by the Velvet
          > Underground? It's about being on heroin, or
          > probably in your case, with the oxys, opiates. You
          > may have been to fucked up to notice (or not)
          > depends on how many you were taking I guess, and
          > what millligram.
          >

          > Ever since I've been on methadone, my pupils have
          > remained pretty much dilated like a normal persons.
          > I don't know if they look dull. I've heard that if
          > you take a high enough dose of methadone, it totally
          > takes away your personality, (kinda like castrating
          > a dog, I guess)
          >
          > I tend to disagree, but that's probably because I'm
          > at my right dose and I am s....l....o...w.....l...y
          > de toxing off of it and I mean slowly. I am
          > following my shrink's advice plus, it's pretty hard
          > shit to get off of. Hell, supposedly Hitler was the
          > first pretty big advocate of methadone (imean look
          > at the pills, they are called
          >
          > a-dolphine, right? But, it's helping me to get my
          > shit together so I can't complain. I don't think my
          > eyes look dull, in fact I know that I seem more
          > wired and awake unless I take too many benzos with
          > my methadone, then I may look a bit dazed, but
          > methadone alone keeps my eyes more awake than
          > nodding off on heroin all the time, although
          > somethimes you do nod on methadone.
          >

          > If it's bothering you, get off it, and quick. I
          > suggest checking yourself into a detox if you have
          > insurance or try to find some free state funding.
          > The longer you are on methadone, the harder it will
          > be to get off, and maybe your medical or ssi or
          > whatever can pay for it. Good luck. Contact me
          > again, if you like.
          >
          > celestialpenguin919@...

          > removed]

          http://calendar.yahoo.com
        • gertrude gandala
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 10, 2003
            By the way, did you shoot the oxy's or did you drop them? I found shooting oxycontin to be such a waste of drug. I still haven't tried eating it, but that's what I will do, the next time that I get some. Actually, I'm really trying to just do my methadone and my prescribed xanax, maybe a klonipin, now and then, a drink now and then, but it's hard. Feelings come up and all I've done to successfully repress them for so many years, is to just do drugs. Anyway, good luck with the methadone. I think it's able to really help us change our lives for the better, if we just try to use it as medicine and help ourselves to heal in every which way one can.

          • James Creeden
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 10, 2003
              Hi Gertrude you want to know if I shoot oxy's? Well no
              I dont in fact I woudnt even know how to and have
              never shot anything. Of course I too agree with your
              views on methadone its to bad I didnt have the
              opertunity to have them from the start, those oxy's
              really turned me into a addict. I never understood the
              full meaning of 'withdrawls' untill after being on 160
              oxy's x 4 per day and then running out! I though I was
              going to die ,in fact I wish I were dead at that
              moment. The last time I ran out I called 911 because I
              was in so much pain and suffering like only we know.
              My temperture was 104 and I about lost my
              mind....thank God for meth is all I can say,Jim.---
              wrote:
              > By the way, did you shoot the oxy's or did you drop
              > them? I found shooting oxycontin to be such a
              > waste of drug. I still haven't tried eating it, but
              > that's what I will do, the next time that I get
              > some. Actually, I'm really trying to just do my
              > methadone and my prescribed xanax, maybe a klonipin,
              > now and then, a drink now and then, but it's hard.
              > Feelings come up and all I've done to successfully
              > repress them for so many years, is to just do drugs.
              > Anyway, good luck with the methadone. I think it's
              > able to really help us change our lives for the
              > better, if we just try to use it as medicine and
              > help ourselves to heal in every which way one can.

              > removed]

              http://calendar.yahoo.com
            • Lou Yetti
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 11, 2003
                I have a problem with dry eyes. They burn, ache and feel heavy. I
                look very tired. I have asked the clinic doc and he says it doesn't
                have anything to do w/ methadone. I believe it does. Do you guys
                have that problem with your eyes? Millie
              • gertrude gandala
                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 11, 2003
                  no, my eyes are fine. Except for the first hour when I get up I get the yawns, sometimes worse than others and they won't stop tearing. but that's the ohly dope sick like symptom other than insanely extreme sweating that I get when I take my methadone regularly. The only time I've been supposed to be well, taken my dose that morning and everything and actually felt like I was truly dopesick, was when I was real emotional which made me desperately psychologically start fiending to do dope and on the way to getting it and then on my way back, I was having a panic attack and shaking and sweating and felt sick, withoout the stomcach cramps, but if I made it home any later i could've shit my pantse.

                  But that was pretty rare, usually the meth keeps me prettty well, and forget about the dope sick runs, often the methadone makes me bloated and constipated. Yuck!

                • James Creeden
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 11, 2003
                    Yes Lou that sounds about right,tired looking for
                    sure. I know for a fact it's the methadone because it
                    began when I first started taking it.Jim
                    --- Lou Yetti <amazing_yeti@...> wrote:
                    > I have a problem with dry eyes. They burn, ache and
                    > feel heavy. I
                    > look very tired. I have asked the clinic doc and he
                    > says it doesn't
                    > have anything to do w/ methadone. I believe it
                    > does. Do you guys
                    > have that problem with your eyes? Millie

                    http://calendar.yahoo.com
                  • Millie
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 12, 2003
                      I agree. I didn't have this problem til I started too. My doc
                      denies anything that I've asked being caused by mdone. According to
                      him, only the things listed on a medical info sheet(like they give
                      you at the drug store)are caused by mdone.
                      I have been through most of the OTC eye meds. Any ideas on what
                      will take the sting out and lube up the ol' eyes? I have been
                      useing Refresh Tears. It works alright if you use alot of it. I
                      wish there was a magic cure for this. It is so annoying. Millie
                    • James Creeden
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jun 12, 2003
                        Hi Millie, If you find something please let us know
                        though will it take the dullness my eyes now have
                        away? My poor eyes do not have that ol sparkel they
                        once had. I'm told the whites of my eyes are not as
                        clear and white as they once were. Oxycontin has side
                        effects of course but they never did anything to my
                        eyes except pin the pupils a bit.Besides all that my
                        energy level is way down but thats another story,dull
                        eyed Jim.
                        --- Millie <amazing_yeti@...> wrote:
                        > I agree. I didn't have this problem til I started
                        > too. My doc
                        > denies anything that I've asked being caused by
                        > mdone. According to
                        > him, only the things listed on a medical info
                        > sheet(like they give
                        > you at the drug store)are caused by mdone.
                        > I have been through most of the OTC eye meds. Any
                        > ideas on what
                        > will take the sting out and lube up the ol' eyes? I
                        > have been
                        > useing Refresh Tears. It works alright if you use
                        > alot of it. I
                        > wish there was a magic cure for this. It is so
                        > annoying. Millie

                        http://calendar.yahoo.com
                      • Rokki Baker
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jun 13, 2003
                          --- Lou Yetti <amazing_yeti@...> wrote:
                          > I have a problem with dry eyes. They burn, ache and
                          > feel heavy. I
                          > look very tired. I have asked the clinic doc and he
                          > says it doesn't
                          > have anything to do w/ methadone. I believe it
                          > does. Do you guys
                          > have that problem with your eyes? Millie

                          Why is it when folks get on methadone and something
                          goes wrong with their body they have to blame it on
                          methadone???????????????? Did they pay that much
                          attention to their bodies when they were in the throes
                          of their addiction???

                          Confused

                          http://calendar.yahoo.com
                        • James Creeden
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jun 13, 2003
                            I can say for my self I have always payed attention
                            to my body ,thank you! Methadone does in fact screw up
                            my eyes and why I cant really say. Perhaps my liver is
                            causing it due to a side effect from methadone ,maybe!
                            And believe it or not there are different levels of
                            "throes" and there are many of us like myself who are
                            taking it due to pain(though a side effect is
                            addiction). I was never a heroin user but I did get
                            hooked on oxycontin. Shit I took the stuff even when
                            there was no pain...a sign of addiction of course
                            Rokki.There must be something in between oxy's and
                            meth that works with a minimum amount of side effects.
                            I need a solution folks my bright happy eyes are
                            looking a little scary these days,help!

                            http://calendar.yahoo.com
                          • pgillig953@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jun 13, 2003
                              You are so right, I never pay attention to my eyes. Let alone being able to
                              see or feel if their was something wrong. And now that I can finally see. I'm
                              blaming the one thing that has given me sight! Whether I can see out of
                              sparking eyes or dull eyes. I can finally SEE! "THANK GOD FOR METHADONE IT SAVE MY
                              LIFE"...I'm not being a B>>>CH. It's just that i went so long without sight or
                              feelings. that now that I have sight I'm not going to? the one thing that
                              gives me life...I never ? all the junk that I put into my body for almost 30
                              years..If you really feel something is wrong please go have it checked..You need to
                              go a have this checked out if it is causing you this much worry...All of our
                              bodies are different. What okay for mine might not be for yours....patty

                            • gertrude gandala
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jun 14, 2003
                                unsubscribe

                              • Millie
                                Message 15 of 15 , Jun 15, 2003
                                  Methadone totally saved my life! I am not saying that it didn't. I
                                  would never say anything negative about my med. IMO- there is
                                  something to methadone having some sort of effect on my eyes. It
                                  happened when I would take other meds as well. I think it has
                                  something to do w/ feeling tired and sleepy.(not on a stable dose
                                  right now). I have got my eyes checked. Millie