looking for a doc to prescribe methadoneor dose.

  • bscopa1973
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2003
      right now i'm on a clinic.not so bad.starting next month i go to
      private pay.thats anywhere from $500-$600 a month.my dose now is
      180mg.i'm not too sure if that is considered high throughout or not?
      in my home state "massachusetts"it is.anyhow,i here from others how
      they're getting their doctors to prescribe the 10mg. or the
      diskettes.so basically im trying to do the same.i don't mind going to
      my clinic everyday,i just want to use my insurance for a physician to
      do the same.for some reason when you ask how or who prescribes meth.?
      can't get an answer just a laugh or a nod.so if anyone in the boston
      area knows what i should do give me a holla......
    • steph11219@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 24, 2003
        In general, the only way a doctor can prescribe methadone (meaning that the
        doc gives you a script and you go to the drug store, use your insurance and
        get a months supply) is when you are getting it for pain.
        There "are" some clinics that accept private insurance as payment for their
        fee, though I don't believe there are many of them.
        What do you mean, when you asked about patients getting their docs to
        prescribe 10mg or the diskettes ? What type of methadone do you receive?
        AND what connection does this have to insurance?

        Take care,
        Stephanie
        NYC Nama
        Brooklyn, New York