help

  • crimsoncricket <crimsoncricket@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 12, 2003
      It started with elbow surgery in 98 and shoulder surgery in 99.
      Plus i have a chronic back condition that requires pain meds.
      i take anywhere between 20 an 30 hydrocodone 10/325 a day, or
      whatever i can get. Do I need to be on methadone therapy?
      thanks,
      RJ
    • steph11219@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 13, 2003
        RJ, <A HREF="http://www.samhsa.gov/centers/csat/content/dpt/choosestate.asp">
        </A>Here is the directory, with addresses and telephone numbers, of the
        methadone clinics in Alabama.
        http://www.samhsa.gov/centers/csat/content/dpt/choosestate.asp

        You can also look into buprenorphine. It has just been approved by the FDA
        for opiate addiction.
        Click on your state to find MD's who have been trained to prescribe bup.
        http://www.buprenorphine.samhsa.gov/bwns_locator/index.html

        Your records at the methadone clinic are confidential. Is there a reason why
        you think your job may find out? Do you live in a small town?
        If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask..
        Take care,
        Stephanie Vazquez
        NYC Nama
        Brooklyn, New York
        steph11219@...
        http://www.methadone.org
        Together We Can Make A Difference
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Newyorksmmtps

        In a message dated 1/12/03 7:31:19 PM, crimsoncricket@... writes:

        << I have tried to stop taking the pills. I hurt all over, it was
        terrible. I do appreciate your help. I live in Alabama. There is a
        methadone clinic in my city, but i am sure of its exact location. I
        am also worried if I go there and my employer finds out will they
        fire me because of the drug addiction.
        RJ >>
      • harleygirl1951
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2 7:47 AM
          I really don't see how the people you work for should ever find out
          about you being on the methadone clinic .... I mean if you do not
          tell them how would they find out~?? Everything you say to your
          counselor is confidential and that is the law ....
          I wish you good luck and I was also wondering before you get on the
          program have you tried anything else to get off the drugs~??

          --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, steph11219@a... wrote:
          > RJ, <A
          HREF="http://www.samhsa.gov/centers/csat/content/dpt/choosestate.asp">
          > </A>Here is the directory, with addresses and telephone numbers,
          of the
          > methadone clinics in Alabama.
          > http://www.samhsa.gov/centers/csat/content/dpt/choosestate.asp
          >
          > You can also look into buprenorphine. It has just been approved by
          the FDA
          > for opiate addiction.
          > Click on your state to find MD's who have been trained to prescribe
          bup.
          > http://www.buprenorphine.samhsa.gov/bwns_locator/index.html
          >
          > Your records at the methadone clinic are confidential. Is there a
          reason why
          > you think your job may find out? Do you live in a small town?
          > If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask..
          > Take care,
          > Stephanie Vazquez
          > NYC Nama
          > Brooklyn, New York
          > steph11219@a...
          > http://www.methadone.org
          > Together We Can Make A Difference
          > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Newyorksmmtps
          >

          > In a message dated 1/12/03 7:31:19 PM, crimsoncricket@y... writes:
          >
          > << I have tried to stop taking the pills. I hurt all over, it was
          > terrible. I do appreciate your help. I live in Alabama. There is a
          > methadone clinic in my city, but i am sure of its exact location. I
          > am also worried if I go there and my employer finds out will they
          > fire me because of the drug addiction.
          > RJ >>
        • Michael O'Bannon
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 3 5:36 AM
            I don't know who you think I am but I'm not. Thanks

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 3 12:50 PM
              --- Michael O'Bannon <emptyob@...> wrote:
              > I don't know who you think I am but I'm not. Thanks

              Alrighty then :) This made a lotta sense...I want
              some LOL

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 4 5:17 PM
                what is LOL? I might want some but I don't know what it is..............

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 4 6:19 PM
                  In a message dated 2/4/03 8:17:44 PM, emptyob@... writes:

                  << what is LOL? I might want some but I don't know what it is..............

                  It is internet lingo for "laughing out loud" = "LOL"
                  http://www.netlingo.com/emailsh.cfm <-----check this site out, for more on
                  net lingo.
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 5 6:07 PM
                    WOW! WHAT AN ENLIGHTENING CONVERSATION..CAN I GET IN ON IT?? OH
                    YEA...LOL
                    OW