Re: what's going on?????

  • steph11219@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2002
      Hi Dani, I can remember calling up a 28 day inpatient rehab...I gave my
      insurance info over the telephone and I was approved to be admitted.
      However, my plan was that I would either get admitted or I was going to kill
      myself. At the time, I had 3 children, who meant the world to me, but I felt
      so hopeless and felt that they did not need me.
      Well, I did go into the rehab and when I got out, I stayed clean around 7
      months. Once I relapsed, I went on MMT.

      As far as your hubby....I hesitate asking this, because I do realize that
      there is a big difference in the manner which we got our money when we were
      using.....however....
      doesn't he use more than $77/week, when using ?

      Take care, Stephanie
      In a message dated 9/28/02 9:27:13 AM, dani111lpn@... writes:

      << Hi guys,
      Just thought I'd put in my two cents also...
      Hey, it got so bad for me before MMT that I got out sleeping pills
      (Ambien so I could sleep during the joneses) and lay them out on the
      counter and counted how many I had to see if I might possibly have
      enough to end it all. I had two little boys and I couldn't take care
      of them at all. If it hadn't been for my Mom and my husband......I'm
      sure I would've lost them. I couldn't even get out of bed most days,
      and if I did, I just sat and cried. It was horrible. I did end up
      going inpatient and detoxing, stayed clean for 14 days, then went
      right back to it all. That was in May, and Oct. 1st 1997, I started
      MMT and haven't missed one day yet (knock on wood ;-) I will
      probably be on it for life. It literally saved my life and improved
      my life and my children's lives 1,000 percent! We are back to just
      being a 'normal' family again, whatever that is.
      If I could just get my hubby to get on it we'd have it made. He
      still is in active addiction, which, so far, hasn't tempted me. I
      wouldn't jeopardize my treatment for NOTHING. There's NO WAY I'd go
      back to that kind of life. I just wish he'd wake up and do it once
      and for all. If it weren't for the $77/week, he would most likely
      start MMT.
      Oh well, I've went on long enough. Hope you all have a great weekend
      and week coming up.
      Hugs,
      Dani