Re:callbacks

  • steph11219@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2002
      Sharpshooter, We do not have callbacks at my clinic.....and I can not even
      imagine them attempting it. First of all, there are lots of patients without
      telephones.

      Personally, I do not agree with callbacks. I believe that there has to come
      a time when we can/should be trusted. However, I do not think I would give
      up my treatment to make that point.
      Take care, Stephanie
      In a message dated 8/30/02 5:34:47 PM, no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:

      << Hey everybody!
      If I had to drive 2 hours to get my dose and then turn around and
      drive 2 hours home. If I walked in the door and the phone rang, and
      it was the clinic telling me to come back down for count. I would
      give them directions to my house and tell them I would see them in
      about 2 hours if they leave now.

      I was lucky enough to be able to get off MMT but my husband is still
      going. If we were in that situation and they would do that to my
      husband, he would get kicked out. Not only would he not go back for
      count, he would chew them about 15 new assholes. I could understand
      if Dixiechickkee lives close by. If they knew someone lived that far
      away and asked them to come back to count there take-homes, they are
      crazy. That's just down right crude, rude and meen.

      Hope everyone is doing well. To all; I hope you and your loved ones
      are doing well, stay well, take care and be safe.

      Sharpshooter

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 5, 2002
        hey folks...There ain't none of this callback stuff at my clinic yet.
        I guess it's just the ones with extended takehomes so far..I can see
        why they want to do it.. But there has to be a better way to weed out
        the people that will fuck all this up for the rest of us..If they did
        do it where I'm at, I would do the same thing as if my boss was
        calling,, don't answer the phone!
      • steph11219@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 7, 2002
          Hi Oats! My clinic doesn't have call backs either. However, I was thinking
          along the same lines as you.....don't answer the phone! Although, I would
          bet that this does not work. :o) I am just curious. For those of you that
          have callbacks....what happens if you don't answer the phone? Seriously,
          what if you are out every day, doing whatever you have to do or if you took
          off with your S.O. and went on a short trip ?? Do these clinics demand that
          you be available by phone ? Do they require an answering machine?

          Take care, Stephanie

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 8, 2002
            Odubya,
            Good idea, I'll have to keep that in my mind on my days off. My boss
            always calls me first when someone else is out of work.

            Your right, there are so many that need treatment and a lot that
            abuse it. It does make it difficult for those who really need
            treatment instead of a cheap high.

            Sharpshooter

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 8, 2002
              Odubya,
              Good idea, I'll have to keep that in my mind on my days off. My boss
              always calls me first when someone else is out of work.

              Your right, there are so many that need treatment and a lot that
              abuse it. It does make it difficult for those who really need
              treatment instead of a cheap high.

              Sharpshooter

              --- In methadonia@y..., odubya <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > hey folks...There ain't none of this callback stuff at my clinic
              yet.
              > I guess it's just the ones with extended takehomes so far..I can
              see
              > why they want to do it.. But there has to be a better way to weed
              out
              > the people that will fuck all this up for the rest of us..If they
              did
              > do it where I'm at, I would do the same thing as if my boss was
              > calling,, don't answer the phone!
            • harleygirl1951
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 30, 2002
                These Clinics sure do have their nerve .... They frown down on you if
                you do not have a job, but how the hell are you suppose to keep a job
                when you get a call back and have to leave to go back to the
                clinic ... What a B^&*% it really does Stink ... God it makes me
                so darn angry that they have so much control over our lives .....
                What do you tell your boss when you have to drive 2 hours there and 2
                hours back Ha ................ What a joke........I am truly sorry
                but just thinking about it makes me want to curse ....!@#$%^&*()()