Re: [METHADONIA ] To ROKKI

  • dixxeechickee
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 19, 2002
      --- In methadonia@y..., Rokki Baker <rokki@y...> wrote:
      > Hey Sharp...Thanks for the kind words..:) i'm glad
      > you took my post in the text it was meant to be..:)
      > The last time I was totally off of everything,even
      > Methadone I couldn't put 3 words together.. now at 1st
      > when we get off of drugs it is usual for that to
      > happen as the brain doesn't work right yet,but 14
      > months later down the road and I still couldn't put 3
      > words together and when I got back on methadone
      > everything was fine again..My brain had the hormones
      > it needed..Yes,the brain produces 17 different types
      > of endorphin hormones and sometimes we are either born
      > without ne or screw some up by using opiod's..I'm just
      > glad that I'm able to sit here and write to you
      > all..Today is my 50th B-day and I wouldn't be here
      > today if not for methadone..Again,Methadone is not for
      > everyone and Nothing is one size fits all...I applaud
      > what works for anyone..any type of harm reduction is
      > what I fight for..:)

      AMEN ROKKI...I knew there was a reason I liked you!! We think alike!!
      The first thought that came to my mind when I was reading your post
      Sharp, was that you need to be back on methadone. For some reson, you
      feel that this is negative, when in fact I believe it is the one thing
      that could give you your life back..I know it has me. Like you, drugs
      RUINED me..I wasn't even capable of speaking clearly, my words became
      jumbled ( a trait my friends thought was cute), I knew what I wanted
      to say, but couldn't get it out. I was severly depressed and
      attempted sucide numerous times, methadone lifted the weight, and
      helped me to rebuild my life. PLEASE SHARPSHOOTER...just consider it,
      methadone was NOT magic for me, it took months for my body and brain
      to accept it, but now, after nearly two years I feel as normal as it's
      ever gonna get!!! I DO NOT walk around in a "high" state, I'm just a
      clear as the next guy! I hope that you will find the anwers you need,
      but just remember, you need to do WHATEVER it takes FOR YOU!, and just
      because there are others out there who look down upon MMT, DOES NOT
      mean that it couldn't be a blessing for you!! Good luck Sharp....hugs
      to you ROKKI.....and love to all. Dixxieechickee