Re: FINALLY, DRUG FREE...PLEASE READ

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 23 9:30 AM

      > HEY EVERYBODY,
      > I JUST WANTED TO DROP A QUICK NOTE AND TELL THE WORLD THAT I AM
      > FINALLY DRUG FREE. AFTER 18 MONTHS OF BEING ADDICTED TO OXYCONTIN
      > AND THEN GETTING ON METHADONE, AND BEING ON IT FOR 10 MONTHS. THE
      > METHADONE ALMOST KILLED ME, I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO GO THRU THE
      > EXCRUSIATING PAIN OF STOPPING COLD TURKEY AT 38 ML. IT TOOK 12
      DAYS
      > OF UNBALEIVALBLE PAIN AND THEN 72 HOURS OF NO SLEEP, I FINALLY MADE
      > IT.
      >
      > SO FOR ALL OF YOU WHO WERE LIKE ME, ABUSING DRUGS (OXYCONTIN), I
      DID
      > NOT NEED THEM FOR ANYTHING AT ALL, JUST TO GET HIGH ON. I DID IT.
      > YOU CAN NOT IMAGINE HOW IT FEELS TO BE SOBER AFTER ALMOST 3 YEARS.
      > MY BODY IS WEAK AND I AM SEVERELY UNDERWEIGHT BUT THAT WILL BE
      > NOTHING AFTER WHAT I HAVE BEEN THRU.
      >
      > IF YOU TOO, WOULD GIVE A LIMB OF YOUR BODY TO BE DRUG FREE, DON'T
      > GIVE UP, YOU CAN DO IT. IT TOOK 12 DAYS OF PAIN AND HAVING ACCESS
      > OXY'S AND METHADONE, IT WAS THE BATTLE OF A LIFETIME. BUT IF I CAN
      > DO IT, ANYBODY CAN DO IT.
      >
      > NEVER GIVE UP AND SET YOUR GOALS HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      >
      > SHARPSHOOTER7007......LESA

      Hey Lesa~ Congratulations on your sobriety! Please keep us updated of
      your progress,or any slips if they occur..I wanna hear about it! As
      far as me,I'm 45 yrs. old and after more than half of it strung out
      on dope I think MMT is as sober as I'm gonna get..But I really admire
      your courage.Keep up the good work! Oats
    • Rokki Baker
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 26 9:56 AM
        --- odubya <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        > Hey Lesa~ Congratulations on your sobriety! Please
        > keep us updated of
        > your progress,or any slips if they occur..I wanna
        > hear about it! As
        > far as me,I'm 45 yrs. old and after more than half
        > of it strung out
        > on dope I think MMT is as sober as I'm gonna
        > get..But I really admire
        > your courage.Keep up the good work! Oats

        Hey Oats...:)

        Methadone is not for everyone,but for me,as well as
        thousands upon thousands of Patients,it has not only
        saved our Lives but some of us have come back with a
        Mission. To help other Methadone Patients know their
        rights and to help them understand about how methadone
        is not exchanging one drug for another,but it keeps
        the disease in check as long as you continue to take
        it..Just like my thyroid meds,they are not a cure,but
        they keep my disease in check as long as I take
        them..:)
        Also,a lot of times it's not so much thge medication
        that leaves the bad taste in ones mouth,but the way
        it's doled out to us...We are treated ike children who
        do not know how to take a
        medication..Hopefully,someday,they will put all of Us
        Advocates out of biz..<I can Dream,Can't I?>...:D

        Rokki

        =====
        - Rokki Baker NAMA NorCal "Together we CAN make a Difference" http://www.methadone.org

        http://games.yahoo.com/