pain!!!

  • friendlyfarmer2002
    Message 1 of 667 , Dec 3, 2001
      I read all posts last week, then when I tried to
      reply I ran into a few problems.The problems are fixed
      and I had to re-join the club[though I never
      un-joined]<br>Thank you ...everyone,though I cant recall specifics I
      do remember a bit. My big problem is pain ,both
      physical and non. I dont drink[3 beers a week]I have never
      smoked,I try and go to the gym 3 times a week [if I'm not
      out of oxy] and I believe in Christ.<br><br>Folks who
      have never been hurt have no idea what its like ! T.V.
      has made people think if a person falls over 300 feet
      off a cliff he says "ouch" takes a shot of whiskey
      ,brushes him self off...then later down the road we watch
      him kissing his girlfriends with a pair of crutches
      in the background,or similar.<br>I can tell you from
      experience its a very complex issue "PAIN" ! The people who
      treat us are not much better than Hollywoods writers!
      Only we know how it is. Do you think I'm happy knowing
      I'm addicted to pain killers,and my life is out of my
      hands .If a person working in the Docs office has had a
      bad day or say he/she makes a paper mistake and I go
      'with-out" and they could really care less. Or worse,they
      some how turn it around so its now your fault you are
      'with-out'...<br>The color of a persons skin should never be a
      factor,though percentages tell us 1 out 4 of every young black
      man is in prison. That must have a big effect on all
      of us. I have never hurt any blacks. Though my mom
      and aunt were both raped by blacks when I was very
      young [4]. The only time I must deal with them is at
      are doctors office and you know my own encounter
      there and what happened. I talked to the one "young
      lady" <br> last week on the phone and she started going
      on about me missing my visit. VERY LOUD,VERY FAST!
      when she was done I told her I was holding a card to
      verify my appointment,thats when she began mumbling
      something,I wished her good day and hung up. When I see the
      doctors on wensday you know that card will be in my front
      pocket! <br>From this point on I will stop talking about
      her because she portays blacks in a bad light. In
      fact black talk all stops now!<br>friendlyfarmer<br>[I
      all most forgot to mention that 'I' fell over 300 ft
      on rock cliffs...and lived]
      Message 667 of 667 , Feb 20, 2002