Today's news

  • lisbethduck
    Message 1 of 667 , Nov 30, 2001
      Has anyone else felt the weight of today's
      announcement of the death of George Harrison? I learned of it
      at about noon and the tears began immediately. I
      REALLY wanted to use and was pissed off at myself for
      giving all of my spikes to my husband (I do have to have
      some around for emergency injections of terbutiline
      for severe asthma attacks--especially as we live 45
      minutes to the nearest emergency room).<br><br>I used.
      The phone. I picked up the phone and called my
      husband, then called my sponsor. She wasn't home but her
      hubby was and I feel very comfortable sharing with him
      as well. We talked for quite some time, as he
      reminded me that I would just be putting off the feelings
      and they would be there tomorrow, along with a
      feeling of fucking up this struggle to remain in recovery
      while having to take pain meds. When it comes to
      feelings I have learned that the only way around them is
      through them. Damn.<br><br>Lesa, I thought of calling you
      and almost did, but decided to write and share some
      resources with you that I find very helpful. I know you
      would have been there for me 110% and understand my
      struggle better than most people on the planet.... But the
      phone bill is already too high. We will connect soon
      though. I am getting a phone card with an order I placed
      online and is should be here soon.<br><br>I am worried
      about YOU--FRIENDLY FARMER!!! Where the hell and how
      the hell are ya and did I say something that drove
      you away from sharing freely in this forum? Please
      let us know what is going on with you and the pain
      you are going through. <br><br>I pray for all and
      hope to hear from members of the club and how you are
      handling the loss of George Harrison (if he was part of
      your memories of childhood). Hope everyone is doing
      well and the clinic nazis haven't pissed you off TOO
      for peace and strive for balance,<br>ducks<br>( ')?
      Message 667 of 667 , Feb 20, 2002