  • lisbethduck
    Message 1 of 667 , Nov 22, 2001
      <------- CONTINUED FROM LAST POST<br><br>As
      you know, I am struggling with the same type of
      dilemma about quality of life and finding ways to remain
      somewhat active. I ain't no saint. But I know where you
      are coming from and I am on the road to detoxing off
      this junk as well. I will keep in touch with you about
      my detox, as an accountability note to me more than
      anything else. I can tell you that I got down to 10 mg
      yesterday morning and another 10 mg last night. No jonzing.
      But I did go through the 4th of July without any meds
      because I forgot about the weekend--five days without and
      I had been on 240 per day as a result of a reinjury
      of a degenerated disk (L5-S1). <br><br>When my doc
      asked me if I went through withdrawal and what was it
      like, I just told him of the respect I have for all the
      recovering opiate addicts in the NA program. My ex shot H
      and I could feel her kicking when we were in bed
      together. Now my legs and arms start crawling and I get the
      sweats and chills, the nausea and the diarrhea when I
      try to drop too quickly. BUT IT CAN BE DONE. If you
      have a Basic Text, please read pages 98 and 99. Read
      it over daily and am shocked how much my addict mind
      can create such a fear of pain. We can even create
      more than is really there, or obsess about it. Or get
      sick and tired of being sick and tired and realize
      that the drug can be stored in the liver just a bit
      too long and with another dose, you can die of an
      OD.<br><br>I am writing this to myself as well as to you
      (which is how the program works) and hope that you can
      glean a bit from it now and go back to it when you
      can.<br><br>I may sound harsh but I mean to be honest and hope
      that you are willing to respond to my posts. If you
      cannot do it today, jot down my e-mail address. I will
      always be here to talk to or help you in any way (except
      to tell you that what you are taking not lethal).
      When denial has faded and you find you cannot continue
      to live this way, I hope we can all be here for
      your name didn't bother me in the least. Unless you
      shoot at ducks :)
      Message 667 of 667 , Feb 20, 2002