  • lisbethduck
    Message 1 of 667 , Nov 22, 2001
      Every time I read a sentence apologizing for a
      racial slur that ends in "but" I try to keep an open
      mind. Your words already spoke. It doesn't matter if
      she was white, black, Hispanic, Asian, gay, disabled,
      Puerto Rican, or a little person. It has absolutely
      nothing to do with your story and showed only that you
      could not look past her race.<br><br>Later in the post
      you called her the "N" word. Don't use these slurs
      and in the same breath tell me you are not
      discriminating. Own up to it. Deluding yourself into believing
      this kind of thinking and writing is not racist is
      just another one of the acts active addicts use to
      shift blame. And I am not the only person who was hurt
      by your statement. Others in this club read it and
      realized that you are deep into your disease by blaming
      others, trying to be "better" than another person (by
      using slurs), and then asking for
      approval.<br><br>Denial, substitution, rationalization, justification,
      distrust of others, guilt, embarrassment, dereliction,
      degradation, isolation and loss of control are all the results
      of out disease. (NA BASIC TEXT P 20)<br><br>My dear
      sister. All you had to comment on about my post was about
      "names." Did you read the rest of the post? I disclosed a
      great deal about myself and offered my friendship to
      you, to help in any way I can. I do not think you are
      a bad person. We have a disease that sucks, that
      will see one or two words and decide that nothing else
      that passage reads in valid. I was always taught to
      look for similarities, not differences.<br><br>A note
      about a law suit. The patient is responsible for his or
      her health care in many ways, and if the doctor did
      not tell you about the addictive nature of the drug,
      the pharmacist will answer any questions and always
      gives a long printout about what the side effects are,
      what to do if you have a serious reaction to the drug,
      etc. They always cover their ass. Take this energy of
      hate and anger and use it AGAINST YOUR DISEASE to get
      to an NA meeting, or just pick up the phone and call
      your NA Phoneline. Make that first start. Blaming
      another for this is a symptom of the disease. <br><br>I
      am amazed that you have been prescribed so much. The
      drug lasts 12 hours. Your daily dose is the equivalent
      of 142 Percodan a day. What, may I ask, is your
      source of pain? That amount is often prescribed only to
      those in the last stages of cancer; before moving to
      morphine and dilaudid. I pray that you are not dealing
      with another fatal disease (besides addiction).
      Message 667 of 667 , Feb 20, 2002