Re: oxycontin...

    Message 1 of 667 , Nov 17, 2001
      Hi Friendlyfarmer, what this person (definately
      not a young lady) did to you was illegal and immoral.
      I am not a lawyer, but I do know a little about
      legal matters. You can sue the doctor, she is his
      employee and responsible for her actions at work, and did
      the doctor at any time tell you about the addiction
      risk to this medication. If he did not, then you can
      sue him for this too. There are doctors being sued
      all over the country for putting people on this
      medication and not advising them of it's very addictive
      potential. A doctor who perscribes this medication to
      someone is suppose to take them off oxycontin after 5
      days, put them on something else for several days and
      then put them back on oxycontin. But the patient
      should not be left on this medication for more than 5 to
      7 days without interuption because of the addictive
      potential. This is something you should think about. The
      money is not the main issue here, what that secretary
      did to you was just simply cruel. She was trying to
      play God and knew good and well what would happen to
      you when you ran out of your medication. This is the
      issue here and definately needs to be addressed in a
      legal manner.<br>Your friend, SHARPSHOOTER7007
      Message 667 of 667 , Feb 20, 2002