Re: Prescription By General Physician?

  • jules6669
    Message 1 of 667 , Jul 22, 2001
      I was on the methadone program for several yrs
      because of a percocet habit etc.........along with my
      addiction, I did and still do suffer from a chronic
      condition. Anyways to make a long story short, I got kicked
      off because of $$$$(another long story)and I was left
      with a 30 detox........no fun at all. I was fortunate
      to find a doctor to treat my pain and after a few
      visits he did prescribe Methadone for me along with some
      meds for breakthrough. Now adays, many pain doctors
      are putting their patients on methadone(because of
      all the BS regarding Oxycontin)and it has proved to
      be a good pain medication. In Connecticut(don't know
      about other states)a doctor can only prescribe
      methadone either in a drug rehabilitation facility or as an
      out-patient chronic pain patient. The script has to say "for
      pain" on it or else the pharmacies will not fill it.
      They are very strict about that, there have been about
      2 occasions where my doctor forgot to write it and
      when I went to pharmacy(same one I used for yrs)they
      said that they couldn't fill it. I had to go back to
      the doctor and have him write those 3 little words on
      it. What a pain in the ass.<br>Anyways, I hope that
      this helps answer some of your questions. It's the
      best thing that has happened to me. No more shit from
      the people who run the programs....I had a life back,
      one that didn't revolve around the "clinic"!
      private doctors to prescribe methadone for their addicted
      patients. Ofcourse, so far, it hasn't been passed. With
      these clinics making so much money etc....they are
      fighting it.<br><br>Good Luck and I hope that things work
      out for ya,<br><br>Jules
      Message 667 of 667 , Feb 20, 2002