Need Medical Advice & New Web Site

  • eannmartin
    Message 1 of 667 , Jun 12, 2001
      About my new site, DRUG WAR CASUALTIES. <br>Hi
      everyone, I have finished the first part of the website in
      memory of my friend Patty who died because she was
      unable to get treatment. If you know of anyone who has
      died as a result of addiction or the U.S. drug war,
      please go to my site and tell that story. I want to
      build this web site from the stories of those who visit
      the site. Write and submit articles on Methadone
      treatment-- that would be wonderful (there's a link for it).
      clinic has decided that he is going to detox. He is
      under the assumption that he has been kicked off the
      clinic because he flew off the handle and cursed a staff
      member out and walked out. Anyway, even if they were to
      say he could come back, he says he has had enough and
      WILL NOT return to that clinic. The only other clinic
      here kicked him out last year. So, he has found a
      doctor willing to prescribe medications to help him
      "kick". I've heard of "kick kits" here, and I need to
      know what is best to help him. He has been on 90mgs of
      Methadone for the last 2 years. I am going to write a
      letter to this doctor as a NAMA advocate and explain
      what the "kick kit" is for, what is in it, and how
      long/much to give. I'd appreciate any facts on this
      subject. <br>Thanks so much! <br>Blessings, Ann
      Message 667 of 667 , Feb 20, 2002