Re: It can get worse

  • jules6669
    Message 1 of 667 , Sep 4, 2000
      It is important to realize before it gets too out
      of hand and it seems that you have done so.
      Unfortunately relapse is part of recovery. I know that it hurts
      especially when you have 18 months of clean time. You
      already have said that you must pick up the pieces and
      move forward. It's amazing how easy it is to fall back
      into our old habits.<br>You have come so far and have
      alot to be proud of so don't let this binge get ya all
      down. Don't be so hard on yourself. It's amazing when
      we look back at the kind of life we led or the kind
      of people that we hung out with, yep, no tv's let
      alone cable, no vcr, stereo etc....all that was hocked
      to feed our habits....But, isn't it a great feeling,
      having alittle money in our pocket, paying our bills
      instead of avoiding the bill collectors. The hardest part
      is getting back the trust of people we have lied to
      etc....that may never come and I have learned not to dwell on
      that. Stay away from the so-called friends who would
      love nothing more than to have you back with
      them....remember misery loves company...hang in there, ya can do
      it.....<br><br>jules
      Message 667 of 667 , Feb 20 2:49 PM