Re: Free at Last

  • geasa44
    Message 1 of 667 , Aug 2, 2000
      Hi all and thanks for the congratulations. I can
      not tell you how great it feels not to have to make
      the trip to the clinic. I am feeling great (for today
      anyway) and most days. I credit this to the fact that I
      have been keeping really physically busy, as in I
      worked on a farm all last week. Also, for any of you who
      ever consider coming off methadone I can not stress
      enough to do it slowly. My withdrawl was a cake walk
      compared to other stories I have heard. I was seriously
      geared up for staying in bed for about a month....not.
      Do you have a chat time set up yet?? I would still
      like to hear how all of you are doing and when those
      weak moments hit a little reality chat always
      helps!!<br>I do have some other awesome news. I am getting
      married again (#2) to a really great man who has never
      been strung out but has an inate understanding of what
      I have been battling and will continue to battle
      for the rest of my life. We are going to get hitched
      sometime in the next couple months. So that will keep me
      busy too. <br>Till next time...keep the faith and know
      there is life after methadone. Love ya all, Elizabeth
      Message 667 of 667 , Feb 20 2:49 PM