methadone

  • denisew888
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 29, 2011
      I was just wondering if anyone could tell me the legal amount of methadone that can be decreased from a patient safely at one time? I would greatly appreciate any info that one might have. Thank you!
      Denisew888
    • Gennaro Massi
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 29, 2011
        I SEE THAT SOME PROGRAM IS DETOXING YOU. WHEN I WAS ON CAMDEN ,N.J.  PROGRAM, IT WAS I THINK 10 MG PER DAY.
        WHATS YOUR DOSE???

      • prezrokki@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 29, 2011
          Safely would be no more then 2 mgs every 2 weeks. It's up to the patient really,but a lot of patients will 1)Tapter for the wrong reasons 2) be forced to taper due to an uneducated Counselor 3) if you taper quickly you will likely relapse with 3 months or sooner.

          Check out www.methadone.org

          Rokki
          Roxanne Baker
          President NAMA-Recovery
          www.methadone.org
          METHADONE IS MEDICINE

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 30, 2011
            Boy you said it!!!   That's the way to detox, 2 mg every 2 weeks. I did it like that only I went down 1 mg every week, I guess that's the same as 2 mg every 2 weeks, but maybe the 2mg every 2 weeks is probably better, since your body has more time to adjust to new dose. Hey Roxanne, I wish
            you were my Doctor or Counselor in the past, detox would have been so much easier and maybe I could have had a better chance. So I came up with the detoxing at 1 mg per week. Sure it took over a year, but it was painless........... And please don't cheat, because you will mess it all up!!! and you might have to start over, or go back up. The slower the better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            ________________________________

            I was just wondering if anyone could tell me the legal amount of methadone that can be decreased from a patient safely at one time? I would greatly appreciate any info that one might have. Thank you!
            Denisew888

          • Timothy
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 28, 2012
              --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "denisew888" <denisew888@...> wrote:

              > I was just wondering if anyone could tell me the legal amount of methadone that can be decreased from a patient safely at one time? I would greatly appreciate any info that one might have. Thank you!
              > Denisew888

              We dont really have dose caps here in Tampa,FL that i know of i have seen people at my clinic from as low as 30mg-270mg daily but i personally think that once you get past 120 its pretty much not gonna make much difference . i have heard in other states that some clinics have a 100 mg limitation which is stupid because to some that is not really enough. it all depends ont he person really and the clinic. i have heard that some aids patients need up to 2000mg per day due to there metabolism being fucked up with the aids virus.
            • Roxanne B
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 4, 2013
                Actually it's the AIDS meds that suck the life out of the methadone. There are some AIDS meds that the patient would do better with Suboxone or Subutex,preferably the latter.
                When the new fed regs went into effect it stopped capped doses as well. However there are some providers stuck on the 100 mg issue,there are No Studies to show why 100 mgs should be all a patient gets. Each patient is different and so is our bodies so....."Nothing Is One Size Fits All"

                This list isn't that active,if your looking for a site that the members are more active check out "OpiateRecovery@yahoogroups.com" You need to be approved and either Sandi or myself will do that...It's a great list...:)

                Rokki