All those in Miississippi who do not have methadone mmt within 70 miles.

  • michaelb
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2010
      Several people have gotten in touch with the required officials in several areas of Mississippi about expanding more access to those in need but can not make long distance drives each day to dose. There has been so much negative media in the last 10 years it becomes very difficult to gain zoning for new methadone clinics here in the state. I am still organising others to write or email those officials about the need for an adequate number of clinics to serve the state of mississippi, I am asking everyone NOT to give up on the challange to help mississippi treat opiate addiction.
    • Terry
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 11, 2010
        Mike

        I have a good friend who just moved to Mississippi what would you
        consider to be the best clinic in Mississippi. 70 miles between
        clinics aren't you shooting a little high? We traveled 247 miles
        round trip for 24 years.
        .
        Terry and Dianne Cox
        N.TX. NAMA Recovery MAT
        Together we WILL make a difference

        --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "michaelb" <mike677@...> wrote:

        > Several people have gotten in touch with the required officials in several areas of Mississippi about expanding more access to those in need but can not make long distance drives each day to dose. There has been so much negative media in the last 10 years it becomes very difficult to gain zoning for new methadone clinics here in the state. I am still organising others to write or email those officials about the need for an adequate number of clinics to serve the state of mississippi, I am asking everyone NOT to give up on the challange to help mississippi treat opiate addiction.

      • michael barrier
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 13, 2010
          Dear Terry,   The distance you have traveled round trip is quite alot i feel, the cost of gas, wear and tear are more tham many can afford along with the cost of weekly doses at about 86 dollars, if we can get three of more clinics established in mississippi that will help many but to have great access to all in need in the state around 12 clinics would have to be approved in certain areas, as of now we are having great difficulty gettting even a second clinic approved in the state as we only have one at this time, which is ALTR on woodrow wilson highway jackson mississippi, together we can get the clinics that so many need approved in the state, we have a opiate epidemic with black tar heroin also making a come back in certain areas, thanks for the email, michael barrier