More methadone clinic access needed in mississippi.

  • michaelb
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2010
      With the current increase in opiate dependence in the state and only one clinic located in Jackson , the number of those in need of methadone mmt is at an all time high, yet our conservative leaders here in the state are so stigmatised from methadone treatment, I am finding it hard to even get those in power to even contemplate mmt in any towns or cities.
      I am open to any and all ideas as to finding ways to gain access for those too far away from mmt clinics. This has been the most difficult challange i have faced in the state. The local mental health clinics are totally against methadone in any form including mobile clinics or restricted zoning of any type period. Even the prospect of no take homes if a clinic was allowed was quickly disapproved.
      WE were so close in 2005 to having three mmt clinics and at the last minute they were voted or regulated down.
      If anyone knows of any new clinic locations approved in the state of mississippi other than altr in jackson please let me know so i can direct several people who email me with the need to see a doctor at a local mmt. thank you and keep writing the legislature till we win approval before more suffer.