Re: 40mg. methadone diskets

  • Roxanne B
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6 7:06 PM
      This was announced at a National Conference about Opioid Dependence. The Pharmaceuticals took it upon themselves to do this. So the Pharmacy your talking about must be connected to a Hospital in some way for them to carry the diskettes. In fact I believe it's in the Federal Register,isn't it Claude?

      Rokki

      --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, Lee <lactulose@...> wrote:

      > Not true about diskettes only being used in clinics and hospitals. My local pharmacy stocks them, and anyone with a pain prescription can get them. I think they choose to carry them because one of their major customers is a local hospice. I live in NY, and you can get up to a 3 month supply for a pain medication if your doctor writes the correct code on the Rx. See:
      > http://w3.health.state.ny.us/dbspace/NYCRR10.nsf/11fb5c7998a73bcc852565a1004e9f87/8525652c00680c3e8525652c006f1494?OpenDocument
      >
      > Lee

    • Terry
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 19, 2010
        Rokki,

        I have never seen a pharmacy with discs the ones I trade with use
        pills. My clinic gives me a white disc made by Mallincrodt Methadone
        Hydrocloride for oral suspension USP 40mg.

        Terry