40mg. methadone diskets new regulations?

  • michaelb
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2 9:04 PM
      members, I have been seeing some reports that the 40 mg. tablets will no longer be available for pain clinics, I was wondering if this is also true for mmt clinics? Does anyone have any information on this?
    • prezrokki@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3 5:42 PM
        This decision was made many yrs ago when the deaths became a huge problem. The Companies that make methadone decided among themselves that they would only give diskettes to methadone programs or hospitals. Pain patients no longer receive diskettes. I have to take a bunch of 10 mg pills each day. Thank goodness they are good ones and not a lot of buffers to hurt my organs.
        Just a quick not Mike,....I have been an army of one since 1989 and have accomplished some great stuff in my State<CA> You just need to stick in there and don't give up. So many patients are full of fear and I don't blame them. It wasn't until I became educated about regulations on all levels and knew when I was being being @#$ that I got really involved in Advocacy. My clinic at that time did heavy retribution on me. They took my take homes away. I said "Fine!,I'll be here 7 days a week to educate patients" I didn't let them win!
        So don't feel you are alone. If we could clone Advocates there would 100's of Rokki's everywhere keeping things right and tight...:)

        Take Care and Hang in there..:)

        Rokki

        Roxanne Baker C.M.A.
        PRESIDENT of NAMA
        NATIONAL ALLIANCE FOR MEDICATION ASSISTED
        RECOVERY
        www.methadone.org
        METHADONE IS MEDICINE!!!