Clinic transfers

  • Angela
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2010
      01/19/2010

      Hello Everyone,

      Last week I successfully transferred from Jacksonville Metro Trmt Ctr. to Daytona Beach Metro Trmt Ctr. (both in Florida). @ 1st I was 100% sure that transferring was going to be a complete nightmare. After having lived through it now @ this point I have to say that it definitely could have become a disaster. A word to the wise, anyone who comes upon the need to transfer to another clinic, make sure to remember that YOU are in charge of YOUR care. 9 times out of 10 YOU are your only advocate. It is on you to make sure that your current clinic is aware that you need to transfer & when it must be done by. Make sure they fax any & all the paperwork that needs to be faxed. Ask to watch them fax it all if need be. Once @ your new clinic you will probably have to do an intake there regardless of everything being done correctly. It's just the way it is, I had to do it. Also I made sure they knew I was actually transferring not just guest dosing. My new clinic received all the "paperwork" that was needed for it to go smoothly on the same morning I was doing my intake, that made thing tremendously easier. I am now going on my 2nd week @ my new clinic & things are pretty good. I'm still @ my Phase 3 Status & my new counselor is moving me up to Phase 4. It should be 100% completed & in their computers by Monday or Tuesday next week!!!! Thank the Good Lord for that.
      My drive to my new clinic is much better also. It takes me approx. 20 minutes to get from my drive-way to the clinics drive-way.Before when I lived in St.Augustine & drove to the Jax clinic, it would take me approx. 40 minutes to get from my drive-way to theirs!!!! That's an average of a 20 minute difference, which I wwelcome any day!!! I'm very interested in hearing about other peoples transfer stories, regardless if the were good or bad.

      --- Thanx To All, Ange Q.