Re:G please explain

  • G
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 10, 2009
      To explain: I know that each person's recovery is different. You and I both know that "most" addicts are still just trying to get high. If you read the rest of the email, I stated be honest; both with yourself and the doctor that prescribes your meth. He is only going by what you tell him.

      --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "Roxanne Baker" <prezrokki@...> wrote:

      > --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "G" <mofo918@> wrote:
      >

      > > Only if you are not honest with yourself. ( mixing meds not prescribed.
      > > not telling all of your doctors what you are taking and how much if you have more than one doctor. not going to the max on your methadone.) Since I don't know what type of pain you are having and from what, your best bet is just be honest; all the way around. If you are not serious about your health, don't waste your time. Good luck. Communication with your doctor is the best way.
      > >

      > I'm a bit confused what you mean by "Not going to the max on your methadone". Maybe you have heard there are no dose caps any longer? that "There are no Low Dose's ,No High Doses,Only the RIGHT Dose. As each of us is an individual so would our doses be in our individual recovery...
      >
      > Thanks In Advance
      >
      > Rokki

    • michael barrier
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 11, 2009
        hey rokki,    i think you sent the 'g' message to the incorrect address.. anyway i am here in mississippi and am trying with all i can for more methadone clinics that are within distance for those in need. as of now we have only one methadone clinic located in jackson,ms. ALTR, we are in need of at least three others so that all areas of mississippi will be within range of those seeking treatment, any help you can do i will be so thankful to you,      methadone advocate, michael s barrier    601-656-4554

        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 12, 2009
          You know dr's that prescribe Speed? Where is this at?

          Rokki

          --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "G" <mofo918@...> wrote:

          > To explain: I know that each person's recovery is different. You and I both know that "most" addicts are still just trying to get high. If you read the rest of the email, I stated be honest; both with yourself and the doctor that prescribes your meth. He is only going by what you tell him.
          >

          > --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "Roxanne Baker" <prezrokki@> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "G" <mofo918@> wrote:
          > >

          > > > Only if you are not honest with yourself. ( mixing meds not prescribed.
          > > > not telling all of your doctors what you are taking and how much if you have more than one doctor. not going to the max on your methadone.) Since I don't know what type of pain you are having and from what, your best bet is just be honest; all the way around. If you are not serious about your health, don't waste your time. Good luck. Communication with your doctor is the best way.
          > > >

          > > I'm a bit confused what you mean by "Not going to the max on your methadone". Maybe you have heard there are no dose caps any longer? that "There are no Low Dose's ,No High Doses,Only the RIGHT Dose. As each of us is an individual so would our doses be in our individual recovery...
          > >
          > > Thanks In Advance
          > >
          > > Rokki

        • Roxanne Baker
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 12, 2009
            I sent your private e-mail you sent to me to our Chapter Coordinator who will be getting in touch with you. I have been dealing with the loss of my Dad and his memorial as well as the death of one of our Chapters. I also fwd'd your e-mail to someone who knows folks in that area and should also be in touch with you.

            Sorry for the delay,but life happens..:)

            Rokki

            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 12, 2009
              Rok,
              You have to forgive me if I didn't acknowledge your Dad's passing as my mind has been doing it's own thing lately. My prayers are with you my dear friend and if there is anything I can do please let me know.

              Love
              I sent your private e-mail you sent to me to our Chapter Coordinator who will be getting in touch with you. I have been dealing with the loss of my Dad and his memorial as well as the death of one of our Chapters. I also fwd'd your e-mail to someone who knows folks in that area and should also be in touch with you.

              Sorry for the delay,but life happens..:)

              Rokki

              --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, michael barrier <mike677@...> wrote:

              > hey rokki, i think you sent the 'g' message to the incorrect address.. anyway i am here in mississippi and am trying with all i can for more methadone clinics that are within distance for those in need. as of now we have only one methadone clinic located in jackson,ms. ALTR, we are in need of at least three others so that all areas of mississippi will be within range of those seeking treatment, any help you can do i will be so thankful to you, methadone advocate, michael s barrier 601-656-4554

            • Roxanne
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 12, 2009
                Thanks Claude...His memorial was very special.

                Love Ya

                Rok

                You have to forgive me if I didn't acknowledge your Dad's passing as my mind has been doing it's own thing lately. My prayers are with you my dear friend and if there is anything I can do please let me know.

                Love
                I sent your private e-mail you sent to me to our Chapter Coordinator who will be getting in touch with you. I have been dealing with the loss of my Dad and his memorial as well as the death of one of our Chapters. I also fwd'd your e-mail to someone who knows folks in that area and should also be in touch with you.

                Sorry for the delay,but life happens..:)

                Rokki

                --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, michael barrier <mike677@...> wrote:

                > hey rokki, i think you sent the 'g' message to the incorrect address.. anyway i am here in mississippi and am trying with all i can for more methadone clinics that are within distance for those in need. as of now we have only one methadone clinic located in jackson,ms. ALTR, we are in need of at least three others so that all areas of mississippi will be within range of those seeking treatment, any help you can do i will be so thankful to you, methadone advocate, michael s barrier 601-656-4554

              • michael barrier
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 12, 2009
                  hello rokki,    i prayers are with you in the loss of your father. thank you for having others get in touch with me as i am gaining ground in establishing more clinics here in missisippi for methadone maintance, i need 3 other people to work with me in talking and passing out flyers here in the state and emailing our mayors and others officfals so that we can methadone access to all areas of the state, here is my email address and phone,,,,,,mike677@... and phone 601-656-4554 michael barrier, i am in need of others to help with flyers for all areas here in the state except jackson which is the only methadone clinic in mississippi, thank you rokki so much for your help with this important matter, sincerly, michael s barieer

                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 13, 2009
                    I understand that Nan hooked you up with another Advocate in your State,correct? Have you checked out WE SPEAK METHADONE? It's one of the top forums today surrounding medicated Assisted treatment,that includes suboxone as well as methadone. You will find patients,ex-patients soon to be patients and a great deal of caring folks who are educating themselves about regulations as knowledge is power. This is Our medical treatment and if we don't stand up and be counted then we are part of the problem and not the solution.

                    Keep me posted with your achievements,Ok?

                    Rokki

                    --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, michael barrier <mike677@...> wrote:

                    > hello rokki,    i prayers are with you in the loss of your father. thank you for having others get in touch with me as i am gaining ground in establishing more clinics here in missisippi for methadone maintance, i need 3 other people to work with me in talking and passing out flyers here in the state and emailing our mayors and others officfals so that we can methadone access to all areas of the state, here is my email address and phone,,,,,,mike677@... and phone 601-656-4554 michael barrier, i am in need of others to help with flyers for all areas here in the state except jackson which is the only methadone clinic in mississippi, thank you rokki so much for your help with this important matter, sincerly, michael s barieer

                  • michael barrier
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 14, 2009
                      hello rokki,  i am so glad to say that we now have a new methadone center here in mississippi after a lot of calls and emails we have been heard at last finally. i have been in touch with mr. herb loving, the methadone director here for the several months and it has helped to establish the new clinic in north mississippi. we still are in need of other areas of the state to be served for those who are in need of maintance like south mississippi and the areas of north central also. i will continue to keep up the struggle with the legislature to provide more treatment clinics here in mississippi and other states also. together we can all do this, it will happen after a lot of hard work has been done. some of the best ways i have found to get the message across to the people are flyers printed off my  home pc, emails, methadone forums, the state legislature page ,  and talking with al those in the community here in the state. i will check out the web page
                      you were telling me about right now.  i will keep you posted and you please also help me with establishing methadone clinics that are within distance for all of us here in mississippi, please call mr. herb loving and voice your support of the methadone for al within the state and a distance that those who need the medication can drive,      thank you so much,  michael s barrier

                      Message 10 of 24 , Jul 15, 2009
                        This is fantastic news,Michael!!!! Congratulations. How would you like to start a Chapter of NAMA Recovery? I am serious. I believe you could bring some good things to the NAMA Recovery family... Check out www.methadone.org
                        click on the drop down menu and check out Chapters etc. You will find Nanette Wolforth's name as Chapter Coordinator. Drop her a line and she will send you a form to fill out that you send back to me,Nan and Joycelyn Woods. Joycelyn keeps all the info at our Office in NYC at the MARS office,which is an extension of NAMA Recovery. Feel free to write to me at prezrokki@... if you have any questions,Ok? :)

                        Keep On Keeping On..:)

> [...]

                        > > --- On Fri, 7/10/09, G <mofo918@ > wrote:

                        > > From: G <mofo918@ >

                        > > Subject: [METHADONIA ] Re:G please explain

                        > > To: DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@ yahoogroups. com

                        > > Date: Friday, July 10, 2009, 9:41 PM

                        > > To explain: I know that each person's recovery is different. You and I both know that "most" addicts are still just trying to get high. If you read the rest of the email, I stated be honest; both with yourself and the doctor that prescribes your meth. He is only going by what you tell him.

                        > > --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@ yahoogroups. com, "Roxanne Baker" <prezrokki@ ....> wrote:

                        > > > I'm a bit confused what you mean by "Not going to the max on your methadone". Maybe you have heard there are no dose caps any longer? that "There are no Low Dose's ,No High Doses,Only the RIGHT Dose. As each of us is an individual so would our doses be in our individual recovery...

                      • michael barrier
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jul 15, 2009
                          hello rokki,   there are so many great things with methadone and we are making progress in the state of mississippi with two clinics now open, it has taken a lot of work on amny peoples part to get those two clinics open here, but there is much more to be done so that all those in need of methadone maintance access to a clinic within a reasonable distance of their home,. i am very activie in emailing al our mayors and state representatives with establishing new clinics for approval here, our director is mr. herb loving here in mississipi i have been in touch with him on several occasions here recently.  There are several counties here in the state where the drive to a clinic is over 100 miles and that is unacceptable. i would love to have you help me with becoming a certified methadone advocate for the state and my local areas. please circulate my phone number to all those who are in nama and other organisations that promote methadone for those in
                          need, 601-656-4554 michael s barrier i live in philadelphia,ms. 39350 i will do all i can to help make methadone accessable to all in the state of mississippi, please contact me as i wish to get more involved with you all, sincerly, michael s barrier

                          From: Roxanne Baker <prezrokki@comcast. net>

                          To: DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@ yahoogroups. com

                          Date: Monday, July 13, 2009, 5:16 PM