SPLIT DOSING, ETC.

  • aquillen61
    Message 1 of 9 , May 5, 2009
      Hi everyone!!! I really haven't written in a while, but I needed to get some concerns of mine out there & wanted to recieve some/anymfeedback from anyone who'd like 2 give it, PLEASE.
      Well 1st, I've been doing MMT since November 25, 2008. I am doing much better that I was back in Nov. I started on 15mgs/day. I am now uo to 150mgs/day. The dose works great until around 4-5pm,(give or take)I start "literally" going thru w/drawals. I get the shakes/tremor, quite severe: sweating profusely (w/ the chill bumps @ the same time): moderate 2 severe leg & arm cramping, etc. And of course I alsp get the "wonderful" psycological effects, too.( The uunsatiable need to score some opiates, etc.)
      I have had manty talks w/ my counselor about this, along w/ our head nurse, and our programs director. When I was @ 130mgs, I did the "peak & trough" test for them. I couldn't get an increase w/out doing it, which was fime w/ me. Anywayz, I guess the amount of Methadone that I should have still had in me was pretty much non-existent. So hey're saying that I'm a prime candidate for "split-dosing and an immeadiate increase. Well, I got the increase, which now puts me @ 150 mgs/day, & our Head Nurse and Program Director are "supposedly" doing everything humanly in their power, LOL!!!!, to get me set up w/ split dosing . They told me that out of all their 13,000 plus patients I am the only one that actually shows a medical need for it.
      Anywayz, if anyone could help me out w/ any info they might have re: this would br most appreciated. Once again, thanking you a ll in advance for any & all advice /help you could assist me w/!!!!!!
      Message 2 of 9 , May 5, 2009
        Oh that is the most bs I've heard they are trying to tell you that out of 13000 ppl you are the only one that really needs it oh these clinic ppl never cease to amaze me.

        the proper way to start split dosing which has been scientifically documented by Dr, Thomas Payte which is one of the remaining gurus in understanding methadone dosing and he has taught hundreds of other doctors in the proper dosing tech. if you do a Google search you will find data on Dr. Payte.

        To start split dosing you take the full dose on the first day that you start splitting in the morning and then 12 hrs later you take half of the full dose so day 1 if you are on 150mg you take 150mg in the am and 12 hrs later you take 75mgs for a total of 225mg on the first day

        The second day you take half of your full dose in the am which will be 75mg and in the pm you take the other half 75mg for a total of 150mg and every day on you keep doing the same 75mg/ 75mg'

        If they want to start with the first dose at 75mg/ 75mg and most clinics do not know how to properly dose so it would not surprise me but the way I explained is the only proper way in starting a split dose.

        I would recommend downloading Dr,Payte's information on this and have it with you when you see the doctor or whoever you have to talk to and the doctor is the only one that should be making decisions in the medical portion of your tx.

        God Bless

        Message 3 of 9 , May 6, 2009
          Hi,

          I am a huge believer in Split dosing and believe more patients would do better in their recovery with the split dose. It's obvious your a fast metabolizer and should of been put on split dose already,like when they got your results from the P&T,which IMHO are useless and only used as a "Hoop" so the patient can be adequately dosed.
          Can I ask what state your in? Perhaps one of our Advocates can help.

          Hang in there...:)

          Rokki

          Message 4 of 9 , May 6, 2009
            I totally agree,Claude...about the BS that is. I'm sure there are more patients there that are going thru withdrawal at 4 pm,thats about the time it starts when your a fast metabolizer....Patients are so afraid to say anything especially if they have take-homes cuz the nazi's will try to tell you that your not stable if you need an increase. Now that is about the biggest piece of drool I have ever heard.

            Rokki

            --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "claude" <hopjr@...> wrote:

            > Oh that is the most bs I've heard they are trying to tell you that out of 13000 ppl you are the only one that really needs it oh these clinic ppl never cease to amaze me.
            >
            > the proper way to start split dosing which has been scientifically documented by Dr, Thomas Payte which is one of the remaining gurus in understanding methadone dosing and he has taught hundreds of other doctors in the proper dosing tech. if you do a Google search you will find data on Dr. Payte.
            >
            > To start split dosing you take the full dose on the first day that you start splitting in the morning and then 12 hrs later you take half of the full dose so day 1 if you are on 150mg you take 150mg in the am and 12 hrs later you take 75mgs for a total of 225mg on the first day
            >
            > The second day you take half of your full dose in the am which will be 75mg and in the pm you take the other half 75mg for a total of 150mg and every day on you keep doing the same 75mg/ 75mg'
            >
            > If they want to start with the first dose at 75mg/ 75mg and most clinics do not know how to properly dose so it would not surprise me but the way I explained is the only proper way in starting a split dose.
            >
            > I would recommend downloading Dr,Payte's information on this and have it with you when you see the doctor or whoever you have to talk to and the doctor is the only one that should be making decisions in the medical portion of your tx.
            >
            > God Bless
            > Claude

          • Vito Georgievski
            Message 5 of 9 , May 6, 2009
              hi Rokki

              how the hell i should split my dose.i am still fighting with the stupid doctors here.Maybe you can do advocating for me:))

              Take care,
              Vito

              Vitomir-Vito Georgievski
              General Secretary
              International Network of People who Use Drugsmob;cellular.++389716833551000 SkopjeRepublic of Macedonia
              vitodov@...;vitodov@...

              To: DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com
              From: prezrokki@...
              Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 17:59:44 +0000
              Subject: Re: [METHADONIA ] SPLIT DOSING, ETC.

              I totally agree,Claude...about the BS that is. I'm sure there are more patients there that are going thru withdrawal at 4 pm,thats about the time it starts when your a fast metabolizer....Patients are so afraid to say anything especially if they have take-homes cuz the nazi's will try to tell you that your not stable if you need an increase. Now that is about the biggest piece of drool I have ever heard.

              Rokki

              --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "claude" <hopjr@...> wrote:

              > Oh that is the most bs I've heard they are trying to tell you that out of 13000 ppl you are the only one that really needs it oh these clinic ppl never cease to amaze me.

              > the proper way to start split dosing which has been scientifically documented by Dr, Thomas Payte which is one of the remaining gurus in understanding methadone dosing and he has taught hundreds of other doctors in the proper dosing tech. if you do a Google search you will find data on Dr. Payte.

              > To start split dosing you take the full dose on the first day that you start splitting in the morning and then 12 hrs later you take half of the full dose so day 1 if you are on 150mg you take 150mg in the am and 12 hrs later you take 75mgs for a total of 225mg on the first day

              > The second day you take half of your full dose in the am which will be 75mg and in the pm you take the other half 75mg for a total of 150mg and every day on you keep doing the same 75mg/ 75mg'

              > If they want to start with the first dose at 75mg/ 75mg and most clinics do not know how to properly dose so it would not surprise me but the way I explained is the only proper way in starting a split dose.

              > I would recommend downloading Dr,Payte's information on this and have it with you when you see the doctor or whoever you have to talk to and the doctor is the only one that should be making decisions in the medical portion of your tx.

              > God Bless

              > Claude

            • Angela Quillen
              Message 6 of 9 , May 6, 2009
                Thank you for the info. I will be "Googling" any & all info I can get about Dr.Payte.

                Message 7 of 9 , May 6, 2009
                  I'm in Florida. I go to the Jacksonville Metro Treatment Center, thanks again.

                  Message 8 of 9 , May 7, 2009
                    Vito my Love,

                    Did you go to Dr Shindermans web site and print out the article "When is Enough not Enough?" www.capqualitycare.com go to the site at the bottom of the page is a drop down menu check out Articles by Dr Marc Shinderman...Hope that helps,Love

                    Hope to see you in Liverpool next year..:)

                    Rokki

                    Message 9 of 9 , May 7, 2009
                      Head over to the NAMA Recovery web site www.methadone.org click on the drop down menu and look for the Advocate Nanette Wollfarth in Florida. Get a hold of her. She is a great Advocate as well as being NAMA Recovery's Chapter Coordinator.

                      Tell her I sent you to her,Ok..:) Good luck

                      Rokki