Re: Test

  • gmassi1
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 16, 2008
      --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "wickedmystickmuzick"
      <wickedmystickmuzick@...> wrote:

      > no worries on my end...i'm all legit. i take methadone for pain
      > management, so my doctor fills my script.it sure beats those damn
      > clinics.--- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "Roxanne Baker"
      > <bluelady16.1@> wrote:
      > >
      > > just to see if anyone bounces..:)

      I got a question for you ,maybe you know the answer.
      Whats the self life of 40mg methadone tablets?
      And if they do,what happens to it after such date.
      And by the way. I to go to a pain managment clinic
      here in south Florida.And yes its beats the hell out
      of going to clinics.
      By for now

      JERRY
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 16, 2008
        Jerry, if it's kept in a dry environment you can keep it for quite sometime,dry meds can be kept for a longtime providing they aren't exposed to extreme heat or dampness. It is liquid meds that you have to be concerned with as they can change it's molecular structure due to some liquids become unstable after a period of time. Hope this helps, I can't give you an exact time in years.
        > no worries on my end...i'm all legit. i take methadone for pain
        > management, so my doctor fills my script.it sure beats those damn
        > clinics.--- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "Roxanne Baker"
        > <bluelady16.1@> wrote:
        > >
        > > just to see if anyone bounces..:)

        I got a question for you ,maybe you know the answer.
        Whats the self life of 40mg methadone tablets?
        And if they do,what happens to it after such date.
        And by the way. I to go to a pain managment clinic
        here in south Florida.And yes its beats the hell out
        of going to clinics.
        By for now

        JERRY

      • Roxanne Baker
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 17, 2008
          It's like being set free isn't it?

          Rokki

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 17, 2008
            Hmmm...I had a fiance that was from Jersey and relocated to
            Florida....That was almost 5 yrs ago..:( I loved that man...still do
            in my heart..

            Rokki

            --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "gmassi1" <gmassi1@...> wrote:

            > --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "Roxanne Baker"
            > <bluelady16.1@> wrote:
            > >
            > > just to see if anyone bounces..:)
            > >
            > I did,and hello to you from a Jersey boy,who relocated from camden
            > country N.J. to south Florida.

          • Roxanne Baker
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 17, 2008
              > I got a question for you ,maybe you know the answer.
              > Whats the self life of 40mg methadone tablets?
              > And if they do,what happens to it after such date.
              > And by the way. I to go to a pain managment clinic
              > here in south Florida.And yes its beats the hell out
              > of going to clinics.
              > By for now
              >
              > JERRY

              Hi Jerry,

              I would think they would last awhile. You could check it out on a
              search. Mine never lasted long enough...How are you getting the
              wafers? I am stuck with counting out 15 10 mg pills 3 x's a
              day...Loved the wafers...but the pharmaceuticals stopped giving them
              to pain patients and now they only go to Clinics or Hospitals.... I
              had some for about 6 months that were still good....

              Rokki
            • wickedmystickmuzick
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 17, 2008
                <bluelady16.1@...> wrote:
                >i had 40 mg tabs that were about a year old and they were still good
                >
                > > I got a question for you ,maybe you know the answer.
                > > Whats the self life of 40mg methadone tablets?
                > > And if they do,what happens to it after such date.
                > > And by the way. I to go to a pain managment clinic
                > > here in south Florida.And yes its beats the hell out
                > > of going to clinics.
                > > By for now
                > >
                > > JERRY
                > >

                > Hi Jerry,
                >
                > I would think they would last awhile. You could check it out on a
                > search. Mine never lasted long enough...How are you getting the
                > wafers? I am stuck with counting out 15 10 mg pills 3 x's a
                > day...Loved the wafers...but the pharmaceuticals stopped giving them
                > to pain patients and now they only go to Clinics or Hospitals.... I
                > had some for about 6 months that were still good....
                >
                > Rokki

              • Apaulling
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 18, 2008
                  You consume 450mg a day? My wife & I have been on clinic for 19 years,
                  are stuck at 120mg
                  red liquid in the morning.... She also has reflexive sympathetic dystrophy
                  (very painful) and
                  2 herniated discs. She gets 10 75mcgm fentynl patches & 120 4mg
                  hydromorph/month, but she would
                  prefer (as would my wallet) just increasing methadone dose. I will have to
                  research doctors in
                  texas that use methadone for pain - her pain clinic is totally
                  anti-methadone as pain med or for
                  anything else. She does take the pain meds as directed even though a
                  heroin fiend years ago,
                  her pain is so bad it just sucks the stuff with no euphoria. (so she
                  says)>

                  Also, my insurance paid for methadone for about 4 years before the lifetime
                  max for "outpatient
                  drug treatment" was used up, so we pay $120/week + urines + regulatory fees,
                  etc. If going to
                  a pain doctor & getting script at the chemist's, my insurance would cover
                  some of it. I could probably
                  fenangle my way in, as well! Our balance at clinic is high (approx $2000)
                  so we have to go every day
                  except sat/sun, really a pain, exuse the punnnn.