Re: Our clinic is detoxing everyone who is positive for benzo's without a script

  • colkraig
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 20, 2008
      --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "Roxanne Baker"
      <bluelady16.1@...> wrote:

      > Just a couple of questions.....what State are you in and do you
      > know what Corp owns your program? Also did you get this from the
      > Director or just your Counselor?
      > I believe this rapid crap goes against the ADA,Americans with
      > Disability Act,by adding stress and danger to a patients life.
      >
      > Rokki
      >

      > --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "Kristy" <kristykellymail@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > They are doing it RAPIDLY!! A month ago they put up signs saying
      if you
      > > are on benzo's without a script DO NOT QUIT COLD TURKEY. However they
      > > gave no one time to wean off. I went into the doc's office with a
      > > friend and she cried saying I have a problem with benzo's and I want
      > > help, but your detoxing me 10mg every 2 days and its making it worse
      > > and causing me to want to use opiates. This is happining to
      SEVERAL of
      > > the people there. It seems very unfair. She even said "Give me one
      week
      > > to see a doctor and if he feels I need it fine, and if not then
      fine."
      > > He wouldn't even do that. I dont know what to do. Any suggestions?

    • nanette w
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 22, 2008
        --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "colkraig" <colkraig@...> wrote:

        > --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "Roxanne Baker"
        > <bluelady16.1@> wrote:
        > >

        > > Just a couple of questions.....what State are you in and do you
        > > know what Corp owns your program? Also did you get this from the
        > > Director or just your Counselor?
        > > I believe this rapid crap goes against the ADA,Americans with
        > > Disability Act,by adding stress and danger to a patients life.
        > >
        > > Rokki
        > >

        > > --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "Kristy" <kristykellymail@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > They are doing it RAPIDLY!! A month ago they put up signs saying
        > if you
        > > > are on benzo's without a script DO NOT QUIT COLD TURKEY. However
        they
        > > > gave no one time to wean off. I went into the doc's office with a
        > > > friend and she cried saying I have a problem with benzo's and I
        want
        > > > help, but your detoxing me 10mg every 2 days and its making it
        worse
        > > > and causing me to want to use opiates. This is happining to
        > SEVERAL of
        > > > the people there. It seems very unfair. She even said "Give me one
        > week
        > > > to see a doctor and if he feels I need it fine, and if not then
        > fine."
        > > > He wouldn't even do that. I dont know what to do. Any suggestions?

        Sorry, I have no brilliant answers for you. However many clinics in
        many states will not even accept a new patient if they take valiums
        or any benzos.Even with a script from a psychiatrist along with a
        letter from him saying how badly the patient needs them.
        There are just to many people dying from the mixture of benzos and
        methadone.The clinics are tightening up to cover their asses.Lest they
        get sued.
        Benzos are very hard habits to break even if just taking 10 mgs a
        day and tapering down for a few months can cause seizures.
        Does your clinic accept benzo scripts from patients?
        About the only thing you can do is change clinics BUT find out their
        policy on benzos first.
        and please get yourself an Rx for them from a doctor so you won't get
        into trouble legally over a class IV pill.
        We do wish you the best of luck,
        Nanette W