Re: Been in MMT for 3 yrs..

  • Roxanne Baker
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 23, 2008
      --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "bountysbaby"
      <bountysbaby@...> wrote:

      > Hey I have been in methadone treatment for over three years, I have had
      > my take homes for 2 1/2 yrs, my beef is we only get 6 days worth of
      > take homes ,it hurts the pocket with gas being so high, My question is
      > who out there is going to a clinic where you are allowed more than 6
      > take homes? please let me know ... bountysbaby

      It depends on the State your In. Some States like PA and Ohio are
      very cruel when it comes to Any patients rights. But States like New
      York,CA,CO,AZ,NJ,OR,WA have programs you can receive the extended take
      home schedule..Illinois is pretty liberal,where as Florida pretty much
      sucks....NAMA has Chapters and Certified Advocates in a lot of these
      States......

      Rokki
    • bountysbaby
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 23, 2008
        I am in the state of alabama.. metro matiance treatment center, in
        huntsville
        DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "claude" <hopjr@...> wrote:

        > It depends on the state you are in and the clinic that you go to.In
        some states ppl after 3 yrs of being compliant are receiving 1x a month
        t/h (28days) and other states they may only allow 2x a month (14 days).

      • gms2218@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 23, 2008
          Here in MD. it depends on the particular clinic as well for example I report
          to my clinic twice a month and there are other clinics in the state that
          have once a month report dates I'm in the Veterans Hospital clinic maybe because
          it is run by the federal government we are only allowed 14 take homes a
          month does any of the advocates a=out there care to le me know exactly what the
          federal regs are for MD. or let me know where to look and I'll check . Thank
          you

        • jcruml
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 23, 2008
            -New Jersey gives up to 27 days with random bottle counts.
            -- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "bountysbaby" <bountysbaby@...> wrote:

            > Hey I have been in methadone treatment for over three years, I have had
            > my take homes for 2 1/2 yrs, my beef is we only get 6 days worth of
            > take homes ,it hurts the pocket with gas being so high, My question is
            > who out there is going to a clinic where you are allowed more than 6
            > take homes? please let me know ... bountysbaby

          • Stephanie Vazquez
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 25, 2008
              I have a 2 week pick up and there are many getting a monthly pick
              up. What state are you from? Does anyone in your clinic get more
              then a weekly pick up?
              Stephanie

              On Jun 23, 2008, at 10:35 AM, bountysbaby wrote:

              > Hey I have been in methadone treatment for over three years, I have
              > had
              > my take homes for 2 1/2 yrs, my beef is we only get 6 days worth of
              > take homes ,it hurts the pocket with gas being so high, My question is
              > who out there is going to a clinic where you are allowed more than 6
              > take homes? please let me know ... bountysbaby
            • sarpashana
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 28, 2008
                --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, Stephanie Vazquez <ssv55@...>
                wrote:

                > I have a 2 week pick up and there are many getting a monthly pick
                > up. What state are you from? Does anyone in your clinic get more
                > then a weekly pick up?
                > Stephanie
                >

                > On Jun 23, 2008, at 10:35 AM, bountysbaby wrote:
                >
                > > Hey I have been in methadone treatment for over three years, I have
                > > had
                > > my take homes for 2 1/2 yrs, my beef is we only get 6 days worth of
                > > take homes ,it hurts the pocket with gas being so high, My question is
                > > who out there is going to a clinic where you are allowed more than 6
                > > take homes? please let me know ... bountysbaby
                >I live in Washington State. The laws here were finally changed so
                that people can now get a 4 week supply in tablet form instead of
                liquid.I was in the pilot program that got this started. Out of 28
                people getting U.A.'d once a month: over 5 years there were only 3 dirtys.
                A plea to others on methadone treatment:please don't sell your
                doses(or at the very least don't get caught)and for God sake keep it
                stored safely away from children.The struggle for humane treatment has
                come slow and with great difficulty and the politicos are always ready
                to use someones mistake to get down on everyone.I'm no antidrug prude
                I think heroin should be legal but thats not even close to a reality.