Been in MMT for 3 yrs..

  • bountysbaby
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 23, 2008
      Hey I have been in methadone treatment for over three years, I have had
      my take homes for 2 1/2 yrs, my beef is we only get 6 days worth of
      take homes ,it hurts the pocket with gas being so high, My question is
      who out there is going to a clinic where you are allowed more than 6
      take homes? please let me know ... bountysbaby
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 23, 2008
        It depends on the state you are in and the clinic that you go to.In some states ppl after 3 yrs of being compliant are receiving 1x a month t/h (28days) and other states they may only allow 2x a month (14 days).
        Let me know what state and what clinic you go to and we can start from there.
        Claude
        certified advocate
        Nama NJ Chapter

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 23, 2008
          --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "bountysbaby"
          <bountysbaby@...> wrote:

          > Hey I have been in methadone treatment for over three years, I have had
          > my take homes for 2 1/2 yrs, my beef is we only get 6 days worth of
          > take homes ,it hurts the pocket with gas being so high, My question is
          > who out there is going to a clinic where you are allowed more than 6
          > take homes? please let me know ... bountysbaby

          It depends on the State your In. Some States like PA and Ohio are
          very cruel when it comes to Any patients rights. But States like New
          York,CA,CO,AZ,NJ,OR,WA have programs you can receive the extended take
          home schedule..Illinois is pretty liberal,where as Florida pretty much
          sucks....NAMA has Chapters and Certified Advocates in a lot of these
          States......

          Rokki
        • bountysbaby
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 23, 2008
            I am in the state of alabama.. metro matiance treatment center, in
            huntsville

          • gms2218@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 23, 2008
              Here in MD. it depends on the particular clinic as well for example I report
              to my clinic twice a month and there are other clinics in the state that
              have once a month report dates I'm in the Veterans Hospital clinic maybe because
              it is run by the federal government we are only allowed 14 take homes a
              month does any of the advocates a=out there care to le me know exactly what the
              federal regs are for MD. or let me know where to look and I'll check . Thank
              you

            • jcruml
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 23, 2008
                -New Jersey gives up to 27 days with random bottle counts.
                -- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "bountysbaby" <bountysbaby@...> wrote:

                > Hey I have been in methadone treatment for over three years, I have had
                > my take homes for 2 1/2 yrs, my beef is we only get 6 days worth of
                > take homes ,it hurts the pocket with gas being so high, My question is
                > who out there is going to a clinic where you are allowed more than 6
                > take homes? please let me know ... bountysbaby

              • Stephanie Vazquez
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 25, 2008
                  I have a 2 week pick up and there are many getting a monthly pick
                  up. What state are you from? Does anyone in your clinic get more
                  then a weekly pick up?
                  Stephanie

                  On Jun 23, 2008, at 10:35 AM, bountysbaby wrote:

                  > Hey I have been in methadone treatment for over three years, I have
                  > had
                  > my take homes for 2 1/2 yrs, my beef is we only get 6 days worth of
                  > take homes ,it hurts the pocket with gas being so high, My question is
                  > who out there is going to a clinic where you are allowed more than 6
                  > take homes? please let me know ... bountysbaby
                • sarpashana
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 28, 2008
                    --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, Stephanie Vazquez <ssv55@...>
                    wrote:

                    > I have a 2 week pick up and there are many getting a monthly pick
                    > up. What state are you from? Does anyone in your clinic get more
                    > then a weekly pick up?
                    > Stephanie
                    >

                    > On Jun 23, 2008, at 10:35 AM, bountysbaby wrote:
                    >
                    > > Hey I have been in methadone treatment for over three years, I have
                    > > had
                    > > my take homes for 2 1/2 yrs, my beef is we only get 6 days worth of
                    > > take homes ,it hurts the pocket with gas being so high, My question is
                    > > who out there is going to a clinic where you are allowed more than 6
                    > > take homes? please let me know ... bountysbaby
                    >I live in Washington State. The laws here were finally changed so
                    that people can now get a 4 week supply in tablet form instead of
                    liquid.I was in the pilot program that got this started. Out of 28
                    people getting U.A.'d once a month: over 5 years there were only 3 dirtys.
                    A plea to others on methadone treatment:please don't sell your
                    doses(or at the very least don't get caught)and for God sake keep it
                    stored safely away from children.The struggle for humane treatment has
                    come slow and with great difficulty and the politicos are always ready
                    to use someones mistake to get down on everyone.I'm no antidrug prude
                    I think heroin should be legal but thats not even close to a reality.