should've been here sooner

  • oldsoul24
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 28, 2008
      my name is joel . Methadone has been a part of my life for about 4
      years now and I'm out of options. I can no longer afford the clinics
      and I prefer to stay off the streets to get my dose. My son and lady
      are more a part of my life and they can't handle another detox. In the
      next 2 weeks we're all moving to Ky where atleast we'll have family
      support and I'm stuck! I'm in florida with 1 days dose left, waiting on
      W-2s and driving my family in a small uhaul to kentucky. I don't know
      who else to call or talk to for my metadone treatment. The methadone
      program has improved my way of life and allowed me to raise a healthy
      family but what can I do now that I dont have the money to continue my
      program? If you or anybody else have any advice or help, I'm in Brevard
      Co. Fl. 321-806-8377
    • Roxanne C.M.A.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 28, 2008
        Hi Joel,

        This is something we hear all too often and you can bet if you were a diabetic or heart patient you would have your meds PDQ. In some States medicaid will pay for methadone treatment. Do you mean the program will not dose you after your last take home bottle without $$$?
        This is barbaric!!! This is the only disease where patients are treated less then. These providers do not care that for once in your life You and Your precious family need you desperately and not in withdrawal either. Hospitals are allowed,in an emergency,which to me this is,to dose for 3,three,days. Some do not know about this. I believe it's in the fed regs someplace...Claude...where can he find that info at? Have you called your States SMA<State Methadone Authority> to see if they can be of help to you? Check in both States as your leaving Florida. Actually Your counselor is supposed to do the transfer for you in a move. They are to contact the program you will be close too and set it up,IT'S THEIR JOB!!!!!!!

        Wish I could be of more help,Joel....

        Rokki

        Roxanne Baker C.M.A.
        President NAMA
        www.methadone.org
        TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
        www.cafepress.com/namastore

        -- "oldsoul24" <oldsoul24@...> wrote:
        my name is joel . Methadone has been a part of my life for about 4
        years now and I'm out of options. I can no longer afford the clinics
        and I prefer to stay off the streets to get my dose. My son and lady
        are more a part of my life and they can't handle another detox. In the
        next 2 weeks we're all moving to Ky where atleast we'll have family
        support and I'm stuck! I'm in florida with 1 days dose left, waiting on
        W-2s and driving my family in a small uhaul to kentucky. I don't know
        who else to call or talk to for my metadone treatment. The methadone
        program has improved my way of life and allowed me to raise a healthy
        family but what can I do now that I dont have the money to continue my
        program? If you or anybody else have any advice or help, I'm in Brevard
        Co. Fl. 321-806-8377

        Click to learn about options trading and how to make more money from the pros.
        http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2221/fc/Ioyw6i4t0z292P6bY4Nb3biNvtmAEPDwaKCTmBl4fj3gHaUPJEHwKm/
      • sherri delong

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 29, 2008
              --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "oldsoul24" <oldsoul24@...>
              wrote:

              > my name is joel . Methadone has been a part of my life for about 4
              > years now and I'm out of options. I can no longer afford the
              clinics
              > and I prefer to stay off the streets to get my dose. My son and
              lady
              > are more a part of my life and they can't handle another detox. In
              the
              > next 2 weeks we're all moving to Ky where atleast we'll have family
              > support and I'm stuck! I'm in florida with 1 days dose left,
              waiting on
              > W-2s and driving my family in a small uhaul to kentucky. I don't
              know
              > who else to call or talk to for my metadone treatment. The
              methadone
              > program has improved my way of life and allowed me to raise a
              healthy
              > family but what can I do now that I dont have the money to continue
              my
              > program? If you or anybody else have any advice or help, I'm in
              Brevard
              > Co. Fl. 321-806-8377

              Hey_ all i cantell ya is ther's a plce i wentto in called Lakeview
              Center near pensacola..i detoxed from 30+ years from the booze but
              they gave me free methadone for th whole time i was there. ow