Re: [METHADONIA ] need a doctor

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2007
      If you are looking for a doctor to prescribe methadone for addiction, well in this country it is illegal for a physician to prescribe methadone for treating addiction they can only write it for pain and you must be well documented .
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 23, 2007
        And with the A.N. Smith & son Danny debacle it may be even
        more difficult to find a pain doctor willing to prescribe it, even though
        it is one of the most effective & least expensive pain opiate out there.

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 23, 2007
          You are right about it being the most effective and least expensive and one of the other biggest problem is that allot of pain docs that recently started to put their patients on methadone sometimes because of cost do not understand how it works. Methadone works unlike any other opioid and if you treat it like the other meds then you end up with dead patients. The reason this drug works so well with chronic pain especially neuropathic pain is due to it's ability store it's self in your fat cells and slowly metabolize.