[Fwd: JT Direct: NCADD Convinces Circuit City to Toss Syringe Promo]

  • Roxanne
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2007
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: JT Direct: NCADD Convinces Circuit City to Toss Syringe Promo
      Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 12:00:52 GMT
      From: Join Together <updates@...>
      To: Roxanne Baker <bluelady16.1@...>

      <#>

      *Daily Edition* February 2, 2007

      *HEADLINES*

      *NCADD Convinces Circuit City to Toss Syringe Promo*
      <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/B7Aok1M14R97/>
      Electronics retailer Circuit City has agreed to halt a drug-related
      promotion for the movie 'Crank' after receiving complaints from the St.
      Louis affiliate of the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence.

      *Miss USA Details Addiction History*
      <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/BdAok1M14R9I/>
      Tara Conner, the reigning Miss USA who nearly lost her crown over
      charges of underage drinking and other inappropriate behavior, said this
      week that she has had problems with alcohol since her teens and also has
      used cocaine.

      *Spike in Detroit Drug Deaths Tied to Fentanyl*
      <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/BpAok1M14R9u/>
      Fatal overdoses on heroin and cocaine laced with the prescription
      painkiller fentanyl helped push drug-related deaths in the Detroit area
      up 19 percent between 2005 and 2006.

      *Mass. Court Says Private School Students Have Fewer Privacy Rights*
      <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/B1Aok1M14R9W/>
      Officials at private schools have greater latitude to conduct searches
      of student property for drugs or other contraband than officials in
      public schools, the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court has ruled.

      *Investors Still Love Tobacco Stocks*
      <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/cpAok1M14R9O/>
      Tobacco companies may be in the pits of public opinion, but they still
      get the love where it really counts: among investors.

      More Headlines <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/c7Aok1M14R96/>

      *RESOURCES*

      The Need to Invest in Adolescent Treatment: Policy Recommendations for
      Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment
      <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/XdAok1M14R9m/>

      State of the States: Drug Policy Reforms, 1996-2002
      <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/X1Aok1M14R9j/>

      *SPREAD THE WORD*

      Send this message to a friend or colleague
      <http://members.jointogether.org/jointogether/join-forward.html?domain=jointogether&r=i1Aok1M1-Um3&>

      <http://members.jointogether.org/jointogether/join-forward.html?domain=jointogether&r=i1Aok1M1-Um3&>

      your address book or junk filter settings.

      <http://>

      --
      Roxanne Baker C.M.A.
      Vice President/Chapter Coordinator
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8, 2007
        Your posting was excellent. I knew you were someone special. Then I
        scrolled down to see your name and title. You are very important.
        Thank you for such invaluable information.

        Debbie Z.
        --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, Roxanne <bluelady16.1@...>
        wrote:

> [...]
        Syringe Promo
        > Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 12:00:52 GMT
        > From: Join Together <updates@...>
        > To: Roxanne Baker <bluelady16.1@...>
        >

        > <#>
        >
        > *Daily Edition* February 2, 2007
        >

        > *HEADLINES*
        >
        > *NCADD Convinces Circuit City to Toss Syringe Promo*
        > <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/B7Aok1M14R97/>
        > Electronics retailer Circuit City has agreed to halt a drug-related
        > promotion for the movie 'Crank' after receiving complaints from the
        St.
        > Louis affiliate of the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug
        Dependence.

        > *Miss USA Details Addiction History*
        > <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/BdAok1M14R9I/>
        > Tara Conner, the reigning Miss USA who nearly lost her crown over
        > charges of underage drinking and other inappropriate behavior, said
        this
        > week that she has had problems with alcohol since her teens and
        also has
        > used cocaine.
        >
        > *Spike in Detroit Drug Deaths Tied to Fentanyl*
        > <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/BpAok1M14R9u/>
        > Fatal overdoses on heroin and cocaine laced with the prescription
        > painkiller fentanyl helped push drug-related deaths in the Detroit
        area
        > up 19 percent between 2005 and 2006.
        >
        > *Mass. Court Says Private School Students Have Fewer Privacy
        Rights*
        > <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/B1Aok1M14R9W/>
        > Officials at private schools have greater latitude to conduct
        searches
        > of student property for drugs or other contraband than officials in
        > public schools, the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court has ruled.
        >
        > *Investors Still Love Tobacco Stocks*
        > <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/cpAok1M14R9O/>
        > Tobacco companies may be in the pits of public opinion, but they
        still
        > get the love where it really counts: among investors.
        >

        > More Headlines
        <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/c7Aok1M14R96/>

        > *RESOURCES*
        >
        > The Need to Invest in Adolescent Treatment: Policy Recommendations
        for
        > Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment
        > <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/XdAok1M14R9m/>
        >

        > State of the States: Drug Policy Reforms, 1996-2002
        > <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/X1Aok1M14R9j/>
        >
        > *SPREAD THE WORD*
        >
        > Send this message to a friend or colleague
        > <http://members.jointogether.org/jointogether/join-forward.html?
        domain=jointogether&r=i1Aok1M1-Um3&>

        > <http://members.jointogether.org/jointogether/join-forward.html?
        domain=jointogether&r=i1Aok1M1-Um3&>

        ----

        > If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for
        Join
        > Together
        > <http://members.jointogether.org/jointogether/join.html?r=i1Aok1M1-
        Um3E>.

        > You can update your email address, set your message frequency, and
        > unsubscribe from messages by adjusting your subscription options
        > <http://members.jointogether.org/jointogether/smp.tcl?
        nkey=w6ku7nir0bx86m8&>.