Re: [METHADONIA ] [Fwd: JT Direct: Overall Youth Drug Use Down, But Survey Sees Trouble Brewing]

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 26, 2006
      Rok, it's better than we had but I'm not celebrating yet because it is only a pilot program that only 6 towns will have and not in the rest of the state. You will have to go to one designated place in each of those towns and they haven't addressed what happens to those who are stopped with works on their possession that lives or is in an excluded town, even the police aren't sure and some say they will still charge folks with illegal hypos. Jersey is a backward state and they never get anything right.
      Didn't mean to rain on your parade but I wanted folks to know what is taking place.
      Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 12:02:08 GMT
      From: Join Together <updates@...>
      To: Roxanne Baker <bluelady16.1@...>

      <#>

      *Daily Edition* December 22, 2006

      *FEATURE*

      *Overall Youth Drug Use Down in 2006, But Survey Sees Trouble Brewing
      with Inhalants, Prescription Drugs, Smoking*
      <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/hpAok1M1_mi0/>
      The number of American youths who tell researchers that they used
      illicit drugs within the last year continues to inch downward, but the
      annual Monitoring the Future survey also found stubbornly high levels of
      prescription-drug abuse and an end to the decline in smoking among young
      teens.

      *HEADLINES*

      *After Outcry, Kohl's Agrees to Stop Selling Drinking Games*
      <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/ndAok1M1_miP/>
      Kohl's Department Stores has agreed to stop selling controversial
      drinking games after public-health groups said that items like a
      roulette-wheel shot game promote dangerous and underage drinking.

      *Following Underage-Drinking Reports, MADD Drops Miss Teen USA*
      <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/81Aok1M1_miY/>
      Miss Teen USA has traditionally worked with Mothers Against Drunk
      Driving to prevent underage drinking, but MADD has severed ties with the
      reigning beauty queen.

      *N.J. Governor Signs Needle-Exchange Law*
      <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/8dAok1M1_miT/>
      New Jersey Gov. John Corzine has signed a bill establishing six pilot
      needle-exchange programs in cities like Camden and Atlantic City.

      *D.C. to Dedicate Settlement Funds to Health Care*
      <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/npAok1M1_miR/>
      The District of Columbia City Council has voted to spend $245 million of
      its share of the nationwide tobacco settlement on programs aimed at
      battling chronic diseases and other health priorities.

      *Canada: Drugged-Driving Rate Jumps, Study Says*
      <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/n7Aok1M1_miQ/>
      A report from the Canadian Center on Substance Abuse says that the rate
      of cannabis-impaired driving in Canada has doubled since 1989.

      More Headlines <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/n1Aok1M1_mip/>

      *RESEARCH NEWS*

      *Many Youths Admitted to Hospitals for Alcohol or Drug Dependence Don't
      Receive Treatment* <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/8pAok1M1_miG/>
      Forty percent or more of the youths admitted to U.S. hospitals for
      substance dependence or related psychoses in 2000 had no documentation
      of receiving alcohol or drug treatment during their stay, according to a
      recent analysis of data.

      More research news <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/87Aok1M1_miH/>

      *TAKE ACTION*

      <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/h7Aok1M1_mil/>

      Tell Target: Binge Drinking is No Game
      <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/h7Aok1M1_mil/>

      <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/h7Aok1M1_mil/>

      *RESOURCES*

      Youth Access to Alcohol Survey 2001
      <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/idAok1M1_mi-/>

      New Findings on Inhalants: Parent and Youth Attitudes
      <http://members.jointogether.org/ct/i1Aok1M1_miF/>

      *SPREAD THE WORD*

      Send this message to a friend or colleague
      <http://members.jointogether.org/jointogether/join-forward.html?domain=jointogether&r=F1Aok1M1cSgJ&>

      <http://members.jointogether.org/jointogether/join-forward.html?domain=jointogether&r=F1Aok1M1cSgJ&>

      your address book or junk filter settings.

      <http://>

      --
      Roxanne Baker C.M.A.
      Vice President/Chapter Coordinator

    • Roxanne
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 26, 2006
        Thanks Claude...Your not raining on my parade as much as you are
        setting the info straight my dear

        Rok