Re: [METHADONIA ] RE: Insurance paying for methadone programs

  • Apaulling
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 4, 2006
      My insurance company paid 80% for several years until I reached the $4000
      lifetime limit
      for outpatient drug counseling. They always have an angle to keep you from
      getting
      your moneys worth. But at least I got something.
      Although my clinic recently began a policy of "we will not deal with any
      type of insurance
      claim or documents, period." That's customer service for you.

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 4, 2006
        Yeah but first you have to itemize your deductions and most people take the standard deduction as most don't have enough write offs that equal more than the standard.
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 5, 2006
          $3380.00 is only one medical expense & that is my
          annual methadone bill @$65.00 a week. With that much
          you need to find out the yearly salary and the
          standard deduction.

        • jerome crumlish
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 5, 2006
            this is because insurance companies will only pay the
            bare minimum. Today in the U.S. the medical profession
            is a business. Thanks to our dedication to maintain a
            free market your doctors course of treatment, your
            prescriptions and your overall health will be
            determined by your wealth alone.

            http://new.mail.yahoo.com