Re: [METHADONIA ] RE: Insurance paying for methadone programs

  • Roxanne
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 30, 2006
      Thanks Janet...Thats really good to know...Methadone 'Patients"
      always get the crappy end of the stick til we we get educated and
      empowered...
      I have heard of Insurance companies paying for the counseling,which is
      the majority of the bill anyway as methadone itself is very cheap
      Thanks again

      Rokki

      --
      Roxanne Baker C.M.A.
      Vice President/Chapter Coordinator
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 1, 2006
        Janet,
        I would appreciate it if you could give me some insight to the ins problem so many of us do face. I would like to educate the patients that I counsel and it would help me personally as well. You can email me pvtly if you wish. Thanks.

        Claude Hopkins cma rma
        njadvocates
        njadvocate@...

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 3, 2006
          --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, jerome crumlish <jcruml@...>
          wrote:

          > I think you may get a tax write off as well if it is
          > over 2% of yearly income. Don't quote me on that one
          > because some of our members can get quite indignant
          > over details.
          > --- Janet <janet_woods12@...> wrote:
          >

          > > I just want to let anyone out there to know that
          > > most insurance
          > > programs do pay for out patient drug programs. Some
          > > will only pay for
          > > the counseling part of the clinic and not the
          > > methadone. It took
          > > lindesmith org. to guide me on how to go about
          > > getting 80% back when I
          > > was paying 95.00 per wk. If your having problems
          > > don't let the
          > > insurance companies rip you off. Please let me know
          > > if your having
          > > problems
          > > with your insurance company as I have helped many
          > > clients at our clinic
          > > get there money back, I give thanks also to Ethan
          > > Nadelmann who as busy
          > > as he was took the time to e-mail when I was having
          > > fiancial problems
          > > and almost had to get off of methadone when I was in
          > > a very bad bind
          > > with the insurance company.
          > >
          > > Sincerely,
          > > Janet L Woods
          > > C.M.A.
          > > West Newton, Pa
          > >

          > Jerome,
          You learn something new everyday, I do believe I heard that before
          but I will certainly look into that one.
          Janet

          ______________
          > Want to start your own business?
          > Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
          > http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index

        • jerome crumlish
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 4, 2006
            Thank you
            --- Janet <janet_woods12@...> wrote:

            > --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, jerome
            > crumlish <jcruml@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > I think you may get a tax write off as well if it
            > is
            > > over 2% of yearly income. Don't quote me on that
            > one
            > > because some of our members can get quite
            > indignant
            > > over details.
            > > --- Janet <janet_woods12@...> wrote:
            > >

            > > > I just want to let anyone out there to know that
            > > > most insurance
            > > > programs do pay for out patient drug programs.
            > Some
            > > > will only pay for
            > > > the counseling part of the clinic and not the
            > > > methadone. It took
            > > > lindesmith org. to guide me on how to go about
            > > > getting 80% back when I
            > > > was paying 95.00 per wk. If your having problems
            > > > don't let the
            > > > insurance companies rip you off. Please let me
            > know
            > > > if your having
            > > > problems
            > > > with your insurance company as I have helped
            > many
            > > > clients at our clinic
            > > > get there money back, I give thanks also to
            > Ethan
            > > > Nadelmann who as busy
            > > > as he was took the time to e-mail when I was
            > having
            > > > fiancial problems
            > > > and almost had to get off of methadone when I
            > was in
            > > > a very bad bind
            > > > with the insurance company.
            > > >
            > > > Sincerely,
            > > > Janet L Woods
            > > > C.M.A.
            > > > West Newton, Pa
            > > >

            > > Jerome,
            > You learn something new everyday, I do believe I
            > heard that before
            > but I will certainly look into that one.
            > Janet

            > ______________
            > > Want to start your own business?
            > > Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
            > > http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index

          • Apaulling
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 4, 2006
              My insurance company paid 80% for several years until I reached the $4000
              lifetime limit
              for outpatient drug counseling. They always have an angle to keep you from
              getting
              your moneys worth. But at least I got something.
              Although my clinic recently began a policy of "we will not deal with any
              type of insurance
              claim or documents, period." That's customer service for you.

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 4, 2006
                Yeah but first you have to itemize your deductions and most people take the standard deduction as most don't have enough write offs that equal more than the standard.

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 5, 2006
                  $3380.00 is only one medical expense & that is my
                  annual methadone bill @$65.00 a week. With that much
                  you need to find out the yearly salary and the
                  standard deduction.

                • jerome crumlish
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 5, 2006
                    this is because insurance companies will only pay the
                    bare minimum. Today in the U.S. the medical profession
                    is a business. Thanks to our dedication to maintain a
                    free market your doctors course of treatment, your
                    prescriptions and your overall health will be
                    determined by your wealth alone.

                    http://new.mail.yahoo.com