[Fwd: Free Bumper Stickers: Let's Keep the Momentum Going]

  • Roxanne
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2006
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: Free Bumper Stickers: Let's Keep the Momentum Going
      Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 11:25:40 -0700
      From: Nita Chaudhary, MoveOn.org Political Action
      <moveon-help@...>
      To: Roxanne Baker <bluelady16.1@...>

      Let's keep the momentum going! Order a free bumper sticker (one per
      member, no strings attached) to keep our message in front of voters all
      summer long.

      Get a FREE Sticker
      <https://political.moveon.org/stickers/?id=8173-6654453-.86V8hvhYDh4o_oHGijc3Q&t=1>

      free sticker
      <https://political.moveon.org/stickers/?id=8173-6654453-.86V8hvhYDh4o_oHGijc3Q&t=2>

      Here are some photos from last week's rallies:

      <http://political.moveon.org/stickers/?&id=8173-6654453-.86V8hvhYDh4o_oHGijc3Q&t=3>
      <http://political.moveon.org/stickers/?&id=8173-6654453-.86V8hvhYDh4o_oHGijc3Q&t=4>
      <http://political.moveon.org/stickers/?&id=8173-6654453-.86V8hvhYDh4o_oHGijc3Q&t=5>

      More Good News:
      Arizona Passes Paper Trails!

      Arizona just passed a law requiring a paper trail on every voting
      machine in time for the November election. Arizona is the 27th state to
      require a paper trail, adding to the growing public demand for paper
      trails nationwide. The law also requires a random audit to detect any
      discrepancies in the vote count.

      Dear MoveOn member,

      Last week, thousands of us held more than 300 rallies at gas stations
      across the country to expose Republican oil-corruption in Washington. It
      was a huge success—lots of media coverage, and Republicans got so
      worried they were distributing talking points about our events.

      Now it's time to take our message on the road. As summer driving season
      moves into high gear, we're offering FREE bumper stickers that spread
      our message (we'll even take care of the postage).

      These stickers will make sure that when people are feeling the pinch of
      high gas prices, they'll know that Republicans are the problem. You can
      order your sticker (or a 10- or 100-pack) in under a minute at:

      https://political.moveon.org/stickers/?id=8173-6654453-.86V8hvhYDh4o_oHGijc3Q&t=6
      <https://political.moveon.org/stickers/?id=8173-6654453-.86V8hvhYDh4o_oHGijc3Q&t=6>

      The response from MoveOn members so far has been amazing. Just since
      Friday, we've given out close to 70,000 stickers—let's see if we can
      give out 200,000!

      What will putting these stickers on your car do? Marketing experts call
      it "counterbranding"—taking a well-known name and giving it a negative
      association. Together, we'll remind folks everywhere that the Republican
      party is tied to big oil companies—and that's part of the reason that
      gas prices are so high and it's why we're not doing anything about
      global warming.

      If thousands of us post them (and give some to our friends) we'll be
      able to keep our message in front of millions of people on the road all
      over the country. Can you help out by ordering a free sticker—or a 10-
      or 100-pack to give out to your friends and neighbors?

      https://political.moveon.org/stickers/?id=8173-6654453-.86V8hvhYDh4o_oHGijc3Q&t=7
      <https://political.moveon.org/stickers/?id=8173-6654453-.86V8hvhYDh4o_oHGijc3Q&t=7>

      Thanks for all you do,

      –Nita, Matt, Natalie, Adam Green, Eli and the Whole MoveOn.org Political
      Action Team
      Wednesday, July 5th, 2006

      P.S. Here's a report on how our National Day of Action went.

      Last week's events made clear that Republicans have been caught
      "red-handed" taking millions from Big Oil and giving the industry
      billions in subsidies. The media coverage from the events has been
      great. Below are a few examples of the great stories we're seeing.

      "With all the amazing things that America is doing, I have to think
      there is a way around this oil fixation," said MoveOn.org volunteer
      Ashley Oredsen, a Tempe resident and student at Scottsdale Community
      College. Sean Noble, the chief of staff for U.S. Rep. John Shadegg,
      R-Ariz., said the congressman is not likely to stop taking such campaign
      contributions....."The protests are aiming at members of Congress who
      take donations from oil companies, and Republicans receive the most money."
      /–The Arizona Republic, June 27, 2006/

      "Protesters waved signs and handed out fliers to drivers as they rolled
      in to fill up their tanks. 'People realize what we're talking about—the
      amount of money that pours into Congress from the oil companies
      unfortunately is guiding fuel-efficiency standards, environmental
      regulations and things that need to be addressed to get the oil
      addiction under control,' said Dan Schwenk, a 54-year-old biotech worker
      who drove from Bothell in his hybrid Toyota Prius."
      /–Seattle Post Intelligencer, June 29, 2006/

      And here is what other MoveOn members are saying:

      /"/Nearly everyone we encountered agreed with the point being made—that
      there is an obvious conflict of interest when Congress receives over
      $142 million from an industry it's supposed to be regulating. I had
      expected someone would disagree as this is a pretty Republican area."

      /"There was no one best moment, it was all great. It was thrilling to
      have people actually show up, and to have more than I expected, to see
      how noticeable our event was as they waved their signs, and to get so
      much enthusiasm from passing drivers."/

      /"Some guy took my leaflet and said, 'We need you. This is what I was
      just talking about.'"/

      "/Our fourteen year old coordinator did a fabulous job of organizing. I
      loved how she was telling some of us veteran activists all the details
      of why we were demonstrating, and we were listening."/

      Finally, check out this great TV clip from a rally in Texas:
      http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/3248071.html

      *Support our member-driven organization:* MoveOn.org Political Action is
      entirely funded by our 3.3 million members. We have no corporate
      contributors, no foundation grants, no money from unions. Our tiny staff
      ensures that small contributions go a long way. If you'd like to support
      our work, you can give now at:

      http://political.moveon.org/donate/email.html?id=8173-6654453-.86V8hvhYDh4o_oHGijc3Q&t=8
      <http://political.moveon.org/donate/email.html?id=8173-6654453-.86V8hvhYDh4o_oHGijc3Q&t=8>

      PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION,
      http://political.moveon.org/?id=8173-6654453-.86V8hvhYDh4o_oHGijc3Q&t=9
      <http://political.moveon.org/?id=8173-6654453-.86V8hvhYDh4o_oHGijc3Q&t=9>
      Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

      Roxanne Baker C.M.A.
      Vice President/Chapter Coordinator
      NAMA Board
      NAMA-NorCal