UPDATE ON METHADONE IN NEW ORLEANS

  • Roxanne
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2005
      AN UPDATE FROM THE SMA IN LA

      I just got off the phone with the SMA in LA about the concern for
      methadone patients in New Orleans. 1st of all they have been working
      really hard to make sure patients are being taken care of. The
      pharmacutical companies have donated methadone for the over 200 patients
      they have right now...they will be setting up a spot at the Baton Rouge
      Hospital for dosing and Kaye told me that her Agency will be realeasing
      a press release sometime today. I asked Kay what I could do to help to
      get word out and she said it to just pass along the info and about the
      press release. I think they have done a fine job.

      So...Thanks to the Pharmacutical companies for donating the methadone
      for our patients in New Orleans and lets hope and pray that now that
      they have the patients,since the evac,that they will be taken care of.
      Also,Thanks to the SMA and Kaye,for taking time out of her very busy day
      to call me back and talk to me and explain what was going on there. She
      told me"Rest assured that everything is being done to make all the
      patients are being properly medicated"......she said "Patients" too and
      not Clients...I was so tickled icon_wink.gif
      Maybe when the press release come out we can post it here at WSM,Hoss?
      Just to give a small helping hand to to get that info out???

      Lets keep sending our prayers to everyone struck down in this awful loss....

      Be Safe Everyone icon_smile.gif

      Roxanne Baker C.M.A.
      Chapter Coordinator
      NAMA Board