Fw: [METHADONIA ] O.B.O.T.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2005
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: claude
      To: DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 4:49 PM
      Subject: Re: [METHADONIA ] O.B.O.T.

      Joanna, let me first say this I have known tom for sometime and he would never hold anything against you or your husband if you e-mailed him to ask a question he is not that type of person.
      An obot is referring to methadone and it is like medical maint. and I don't believe you will find that in the samsha directory. There are only a small number across the country. As far as buprenorphine there is a physician locator that shows hundreds of doctors across the country in diff states. and you can find the link on the samsha website.
      To go from meth to bup you should be on no more than 30mg there have been people that switched over and were on a higher dose but for a smooth transition it is recommended that you be on 30mg or less.
      And if you find any physician that is treating patients with bup not to be friendly to patients on methadone then they should be reported to samsha as they should not be practicing addiction medicine.